World's Most Powerful Single Seat Gyroplane

Wow!

Wow!

I admire Larry’s tenacity and your patience Jim.

I would find three failed engines in 10.3 hours discouraging.

I have often found that ambitious projects take longer than anticipated.

I admire your patience; it appears to me the project is 883 days overdue or in other words it is taking more than eight times as long as promised.

I probably would have asked for my money back.

What is the new promised day of completion Jim?

Thank you, Vance

Thank you, Vance

Vance -

The designer/builder appears to no longer have any desire to be involved.

I have decided to not let this project rule my life, and will do what I think is best.

The project could/would be 'finished' MUCH SOONER if there happened to be a complete Build Manual in existence !!!!!!!!!!

"Jim, that's a work in progress"

And to think of all that testing that was done YEARS AGO ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

fj

I look at a lot of gyro company websites, companies based all over the World.

I read a lot of their marketing and much appears based on hopes and aspirations rather than fact.

I try and keep a good eye on the aircraft registration data from around the World - some company names and products appear again and again among newly registered gyros, ie they are selling well and being delivered and registered to end user customers for them to fly and enjoy having paid their money.

Other company names and products appear less so and some hardly ever at all although the marketing material would suggest success.

Some gyro companies reply to my production queries and questions, others will offer no such information - I prefer a degree of openness.

There are many catergories of "records" relating to gyros - take a look at the FAI website - Rotorcraft sub sections E-3, E-3A and E-3B - these are validated records - hats off to those pilots and machines.

Regards

Steve

Not sure who's more patient...Jim or his wife Chris? I’ve never seen a team with so many inexplicable equipment problems. A regression towards the mean should end up with them logging thousands of trouble free hours;-)

I admire Larry’s tenacity and your patience Jim.

I would find three failed engines in 10.3 hours discouraging.

I have often found that ambitious projects take longer than anticipated.

I admire your patience; it appears to me the project is 883 days overdue or in other words it is taking more than eight times as long as promised.

I probably would have asked for my money back.

Thank you, Vance

Trying to understand the dynamics.

Trying to understand the dynamics.

Vance -

The designer/builder appears to no longer have any desire to be involved.

I have decided to not let this project rule my life, and will do what I think is best.

The project could/would be 'finished' MUCH SOONER if there happened to be a complete Build Manual in existence !!!!!!!!!!

"Jim, that's a work in progress"

And to think of all that testing that was done YEARS AGO ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

fj

What is Larry's stated reason for abandoning the project after he has been paid?

I would think with the Twiggy B’s remarkable performance in testing Larry would be anxious to show the world what he can do and it seems viable from a marketing standpoint.

In our business (licensing computer software for motorcycle stores) I feel that performing as promised is an important part of customer service.

More than once we have lost money delivering a promised feature because of the importance we place on this.

We feel that we enter into a relationship of trust when we receive payment for something we have promised.

We do have trouble keeping up with documentation on new products, but this seems like a mature product that is still being marketed.

I am just trying to understand the dynamics here.

Thank you, Vance

I lke my SportCopter that I built in 1999. From the website here are the listed specs:

Top Speed 100 MPH
Minimum Speed 5-10 MPH
Initial Climb 1200 FPM
Sustained Climb 650 FPM
Range 130 miles
Height 100 1/2 inches (79" w/folding mast)
Width 73 3/4 inches
Length 148 inches
Gross Weight 760 lbs

Given a cool day, light fuel loading, light pilot, it will exceed everything listed except mileage.
With my 185 pound butt, warmer California weather, the fuel tank needs to be near empty to pull off the numbers. As far as the 130 mile fuel range, it think I would be walking the last twenty five miles......
I am not complaining here, the machine is great, but every manufacture always puts up his best case scenario for marketing.
With a 65HP 582, I don't worry about ever setting any records. Most aircraft that do set records are designed for that purpose, and tend to do all the normal things that we want them to do day-to-day poorly...like being robustly built, long and reliable engine life, etc. It is great to have the longest nonstop gyro, if you always want your other passenger to be a fuel tank as a example. In that configuration, it is mostly worthless for sale unless someone else wants to try to take yur record away. Building performance setting record machines, as Vance has been involved with for much of his life, only need to hold together for the record attempt, and would never need(or expect) to be used again, especially on a daily basis. My helicopter model holds all sorts of records. The only important one to me, is the safest model by hours flown. Mine is at 21,000+hours without a accident, and neither rotorcraft has never left me stranded. The rest of the numbers are less important, like how fast it climbs or gets to it's destination..

Scott Heger, Laguna Niguel,Ca N86SH

Last edited: