World Wide Survey of 2019 Hours Flown that Year, Please help us learn

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Airgyro AG915 Centurian, Aviomania G1sb
Total Flight Time
Gyroplane 70Hrs, not sure over 10,000+ logged FW, 260+ ultralights, sailplane, hang-gliders
Community trying to learn hour many hours flown by year, starting with 2019, hours.
See the link to take the survey at end of the post.
New pilots project the hours you expect to fly in 2020, instead.
We need real numbers as it does not keep track of your name no one pilots will get credit for any of the hours.

Select your country, from the dropdown list.
Select your category, from the list below. If you fly more than one category the program will not handle that as the only check of duplicates entries of your computer's IP address.
Select the category that you fly the most and add the time to it.
  1. Ultralight
  2. Historical Single place
  3. Modern Single place
  4. Historical Dual Place
  5. Modern Dual Place
Select your Use, from the list below.
  1. Personal
  2. Business
  3. CFI
Then Enter your 2019 hours flown.

SurveyHours.jpg

It is not much of a program yet, as I wrote it in about 1.5 hours.
Here is a link: https://pra.org/HourPerYear.aspx

Last edited:
Only 5 US pilots have flown in 2019?
I don't believe it.
Please help us learn and take 3 min's to take our survey: https://pra.org/HourPerYear.aspx

Results so far...SurveyResults.jpg

I filled it in - are you on Facebook? I got kicked off, but there are a bunch of gyro specific groups there that you could post this on too.

I filled it in - are you on Facebook? I got kicked off, but there are a bunch of gyro specific groups there that you could post this on too.
Yes, Sir. All the gyro groups I know about last night.

What the heck, kicked off for free speech? Seems UnAmerican to me!!!!!!!!!!

If you do not log your hours.
Look back at gas receipts and divide the total gallons/liters purchased by the gallons/liters per hour fuel burn.
Or don't have that. Just remember your adventures in 2019 and add up about how much you flew.
https://pra.org/HourPerYear.aspx
SurveyResults.jpg

Last edited:
You can now drill down into the data.
Click Select on the Country and it will display the aircraft categories for that country.
Click Select on an aircraft category and it will display their use of that category.
Click Select on a Use and it will display the raw data for each pilot entering data for that use.

SurveyResults.jpg

I did your survey for 2019, but I have already flown 50% more hours in 2020 than I did in 2019. Why do you only want 2020 numbers from new pilots?

I did your survey for 2019, but I have already flown 50% more hours in 2020 than I did in 2019. Why do you only want 2020 numbers from new pilots?
Thank you, it may help in providing lower group insurance for us all.
Great question... I thought no one had noticed.

Short answer = PRA is a charity and we support the community even if they do not support PRA so it will always be available to the public only ask them to log in as a guest in the future so we can assure no duplicates in 2020 data. I'm furiously writing the new website every day.

Surveying the historic 2019 data first to have a comparison.
2020 will be added on the 1st of January.
The rest of the story:

The new website If you are a PRA member there are new electronic logbooks for pilots, aircraft, and engines, the pilot's log will feed this database in real-time is the first reason and I need to know who you are to assure no duplicates.
The reason for why now = this forum asked and I did not know the answer other than data from PRA mags 25?? years ago.

Don, David, or Bobby, or someone asked how many hours are ultralights flown.
So I took the time to create it for us to learn.
Today it is a debugging test for the public and to display the results in the future to our community testing.

Last edited:
Need Input...
I feel like # 5, the robot movie about artificial intelligence. His line was "Need Input".

You can add to our knowledge here

Now where as john been...
Bump, we could really use this data.

To learn what happened to John... See my next PRA-Rotorland announcement/post.
It will explain why I cannot stay and play today. I've missed you guys!!!

Some of more than others?? Hahahahahahahahahhahahaha

No, I only know unconditional love. But some do make it so hard.

I am so glad to finally hear from you! To know that you're okay is good too!

Happy holidays and best wishes to you and yours