Wireless PTT

gyrojake

Gyro Rehab Candidate
Aircraft
Gyroplanes
Total Flight Time
A few hours
In January my oncologist gave me permission to fly again.
So I bought a radio and all the adapters for a hard wired PTT.
What a mess. Wires everywhere.
The biggest inconvenience was the push to talk adapter.
That's when the Reefer Madness kicked in and I got the idea to make a wireless push to talk.
Now that I have this done and installed I started getting side effects from the new chemo therapy, and was ordered by the doctor to not be PIC until further notice.
Here's what I came up with.

Sorry to hear that Jake.

Sorry to hear that Jake.
Jake, life is a fight (especially after 12} and you are a good fighter. You can not imagine how many projects people have for you to finish. So, even with "f..k them all, those idiots", you "have no right" to succumb to anything, but finish all projects, yours and theirs. Be good and healthy.
P.S. Some time ago you were experimenting with wireless rotor tach. What is the state of it now? Thanks. Georgi.

Jake, life is a fight (especially after 12} and you are a good fighter. You can not imagine how many projects people have for you to finish. So, even with "f..k them all, those idiots", you "have no right" to succumb to anything, but finish all projects, yours and theirs. Be good and healthy.
P.S. Some time ago you were experimenting with wireless rotor tach. What is the state of it now? Thanks. Georgi.
It is a success
Thank you for your support

In January my oncologist gave me permission to fly again.
So I bought a radio and all the adapters for a hard wired PTT.
What a mess. Wires everywhere.
The biggest inconvenience was the push to talk adapter.
That's when the Reefer Madness kicked in and I got the idea to make a wireless push to talk.
Now that I have this done and installed I started getting side effects from the new chemo therapy, and was ordered by the doctor to not be PIC until further notice.
Here's what I came up with.

I was excitedly watching the video hoping to easily solve my cobweb of wires issue. HA! You got me. "Go to F'ing school!" Okay. I guess I'll have to continue to put up with wires. You're such a tease.

Hey Jake, I'm going through the same thing right now. When they originally told me at the Oncologist's office, I told the nurse they need to put up a wall of cancer jokes to lighten the mood in that place. She smiled that knowing smile and said "yeah, we're not doing that." When I told my buddies I said I want humor, not sadness from you guys. Better to laugh than cry about it. I like your style.

The best cancer joke I heard is totally and completely inappropriate. I'll PM it to you.

Eric

I was excitedly watching the video hoping to easily solve my cobweb of wires issue. HA! You got me. "Go to F'ing school!" Okay. I guess I'll have to continue to put up with wires. You're such a tease.

Hey Jake, I'm going through the same thing right now. When they originally told me at the Oncologist's office, I told the nurse they need to put up a wall of cancer jokes to lighten the mood in that place. She smiled that knowing smile and said "yeah, we're not doing that." When I told my buddies I said I want humor, not sadness from you guys. Better to laugh than cry about it. I like your style.

The best cancer joke I heard is totally and completely inappropriate. I'll PM it to you.

Eric
Eric, how about my joke, I made after my doctor informed me about "mostly mild" skin cancer:
Doctor ( at weekly Zoom appointment with his skin cancer patients): " And now, at the end of our session let's sing together, as we always do our favorite song by John Denver "Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy"

Never made jokes, first time was scarry as shit. Thought was urinary tract, false alarm. Then accidental discovery of Melanoma. Surgery, drugs, ok so far 2011... Retired, went sailing, uh oh, PSA... Surgery, drugs, then Radiation and more drugs. Nothing mattered so getting ready for drugs again...

People I've met along the way have been a big help. You definitely need a sense of humor...

Thats life, some ups some downs, just got to keep on trucking best one can.

Thats life, some ups some downs, just got to keep on trucking best one can.
Even my downs are ups for me.
The challenge is my ambition.
The cancer is just another challenge I will overcome.
For small cell carcinoma, remission is rare and staying alive for over two years is also rare.
I attribute my survival to my ATITUDE, never get depressed, help others in need, quit smoking, eat right and be strong and independent.
Yes it's been hell, lost 38lbs and all the energy.
Fatigue, puking and shittin on everything actually makes you realize how vulnerable you are.
So, humor has found it's place in my cancer journey and I will embrace it till I die.
Next thing is to not expect anything from any one.
As, per se, There are several of you right here on this forum that I have reached out and helped with either free parts or when injured or sick I set money to help support you.
Your all POS, I got help from none, That's why independence and humor are important and I will still reach out because selfish narcissism does the soul and heath nothing beneficial.

Jake the downs are how we measure how high the ups are, our rule of thumb indicators on the richness of our lives.

You reached out for the family of someone who passed, my son and I responded because we were touched by your concern for others.

I keep the clamp I bought from you for drilling holes in square tubing, because I contributed heavily to our bucket of shame, because it was a neat bit of kit, and, because you are a pretty inspirational guy. Not because I need it any more.

I was sad when you decided to leave the forum, glad that you returned.

Some of the things we plan don’t pan out, perhaps they weren’t thought through initially, perhaps we realise they just won’t work, and some things like Don Quixote’s windmills, we will charge at because we are dreamers who cannot, or simply will not accept what cannot be changed, and dreams, are in some respects a gift, the ability to imagine good endings.

Dreamers or doers we make our way as best we can.

That’s life.

Jake... I hold you in the highest esteem for your caring for others. I "try" to be as your example....but have s ways to go. God bless you and the lives you touch.