Wings Question

JJ Campbell

I'm a new Sport Pilot ASEL and will start working on my gyro endorsement next week.

I've been advised that Sport Pilots should stick with Basic Wings and that you can keep earning levels indefinitely. True?

Also, do the insurance underwriters take notice of what kind of aircraft you do the flying portion of the Wings level? For example, if I purchase a gyro and have it insured and due to lack of gyro CFIs, do the Wings flight portion in a fixed-wing, will the insurer not lower my premium because I didn't use a gyro?

My insurer never even asked about Wings, so I wouldn't get my hopes up of a lower premium.

I didn't ask, but they did ask about things like AOPA membership, so I ass-u-med they'd ask about everything that would make a difference.

I didn't ask, but they did ask about things like AOPA membership, so I ass-u-med they'd ask about everything that would make a difference.
I read an article about the rising insurance rates a few weeks ago that made a point of making sure your insurance agent pointed out to the underwriters how you were obviously an above-average and most assuredly exemplary pilot with a demonstrated quest for excellence based on your Wings levels earned. But then, maybe the author was paid by the word...

I read an article about the rising insurance rates a few weeks ago that made a point of making sure your insurance agent pointed out to the underwriters how you were obviously an above-average and most assuredly exemplary pilot with a demonstrated quest for excellence based on your Wings levels earned. But then, maybe the author was paid by the word...
PRA only a few days ago created a potential Co-Insurance program that could reduce gyroplane insurance by 2/3'rd making about the same as my fixed-wing cheap insurance.

It will only work if the word is spread by grass-roots friends asking other pilots to get on our list to present to the underwriters the larges group we can.
Please if you want cheap insurance for gyroplanes then put Your N#(s) on the list.

Go-Here to learn more https://pra.org/insGroup.aspx