Wicked bad Subaru!

fiveboy

I FLY THE JUNGLE JET!
Aircraft
AC Tandem Elite F30
Total Flight Time
Almost 200 hours
That is soooo whacked! The guy with the real ba?llz is the guy on the Segway. You can tell by the skid marks and angles that this was the result of many takes (vs one go) but its still exciting and.... whacked!

Mike484

AR-1 🇺🇸
Aircraft
RAF 2000 w/Horizontal stabilizer, KB3 w/tall tail
Total Flight Time
40+
Very impressive driving.

PW_Plack

Aircraft
Sport Copter Vortex 582
Total Flight Time
FW: 200 Gyro: 51
There's some subtle humor in here. I especially like the part at 2:43 where the "5 MPH" speed limit sign goes by!

Friendly

Platinum Member
Aircraft
KB2 & KB4
Total Flight Time
Somebody really took a chance with their camera hanging off the side. Great stuff.

Fly Army

Aircraft
From un-powered Paragliders off the side of a mountain to the Boeing 777.
Total Flight Time
18,000 ish , I guess
My guess on location would be the old Hamilton AFB. The driving reminds me of something you would see on Top Gear.

scott heger

Custom-made Troublemaker
Aircraft
SportCopter Bell 206L-1
Total Flight Time
I think it is the closed MCAS El Toro base (KNZJ). All the mountains around it and buildings look right. Monster Drinks(car sponsor) is only 10 miles away in Corona. The airport is now used mostly for RV storage, and auto special events and driving schools.

Did get my car up to 170MPH on the main runway going to an event located there last year. At over 10,000 feet long; I only used less than half the runway, then made a left turn and took the "shorter" 8,000 foot crossing runway to arrive. I remember I had passed all those barriers in the video going in a back way to the airport that is unused, but known to us locals.

When I arrived at the event on the other end of the field(Cadillac sponsored test drive against European sports cars)a Irvine police officer informed me that I was not supposed to be driving down the runway(gee really?)and he could see my dust cloud coming from far away. I got the standard "Don't do that again" warning. I promised not to ever speed again........

Scott Heger, Laguna Niguel,Ca N86SH

Attachments

Last edited:

Fly Army

Aircraft
From un-powered Paragliders off the side of a mountain to the Boeing 777.
Total Flight Time
18,000 ish , I guess
Scott is absolutely right. I watched the video again and noticed the Marine Corps lift squadron number on the floor of one of the hangars. If I recall correctly the Helo-pad compass rose where he does the doughnuts is actually an old blimp mooring base. If you look at El Toro on Google Earth you can see the serpentine burnt rubber marks all over the approach end of 07 Right.

M. Pearce

Gold Member
Aircraft
Presently building a fixed wing!
Total Flight Time
Just a few!
scottessex,

Well my 1991 VW Golf GTI Wolfsburg edition used to do all that.

Then the Subaru WRX came out and my little GTI hadn't been the same since.

But I just found out that a fuel pump was a going out on me for the whole last race season.

This one little GTi will have a permanent fuel pressure gauge installed now.

Still don't think it would beat this Subaru though.

VW GTi's get way better traction.

GyroRon

Former Gyro know it all
Aircraft
Waiex/3300 Jab, Phantom UL, Flightstar II UL
Total Flight Time
ALOT
It looked like a rear wheel drive car the way it was drifting and doing donuts etc, but WRX's are all wheel drive.... Maybe he has disconnected the front wheel drive, or has some way of limiting the torque going to the front end

scottessex

Sling-Wing Pilot
Aircraft
Dominator 582
Total Flight Time
200+
Do a Google search for Ken Block, this guy is over the top crazy. But he is good at it!

Racer

Aircraft
Air Command CLT N7512X
Last edited:

Sheldon

Reminds me of the fun I had when I took the "Skip Barber" Defensive driving course, we had new BMW 325 I's with a 5 speed, N I got to show them just what a old man that use to play a lot in a big parking lot could do.
We tore off a set of new tires before the day was though, right down to the cord. I wonder how many times they had to do that before the got it right for the cameras, N by the skid marks it was a few.

Airone

Aircraft
Mustang Gyroplane
Yes Scott
That is El Toro I was stationed there in the Marine Corps for 4 years and worked of A-4M Skyhawks.

And I finished my Private Pilot training there.

I think it is the closed MCAS El Toro base (KNZJ). All the mountains around it and buildings look right.