Who gave you permission to touch my aircraft?

JRB549

J.R. Brown
Aircraft
Working on a Two seater
Total Flight Time
Hi Thomas, just a note to let you know in a book that might work and from someone who it sound likes know his stuff that sound good, but that temper for me has always worked.
I will seperate myself from the rest right now, as a child no one stood up to my old man to" Call the cops" or step in to stop when he decided to beat the hell out of me or my brothers. All it did was make me say I will never treat my kids that way.
If it was understood before not to touch each others planes, Than this is what I call a teaching lesson for the incompetency of someone who should know better but doesnt.

1. I know I would have to find another hanger.
2. I would get all my stuff out first.
3. When I did see him about why I'm no longer going to rent from him (he has 1/2 the hanger its in his control) Id hit him right between the eyes and let him know that NO means NO or DO NOT touch my plane and this way I'm not angry and HE will not touch anyone plane again A LESSON he will never forget and no more worries.

Thomas

Gold Member
Aircraft
Bell 47.204.205.206.212, Hiller 12a, Hughes 300.500, Sikorsky S76, Cessna 150.210.310
Total Flight Time
Ok

Ok

Ok, many ways to deal with any situation and there are probably none of you that will ever fly with me.

But, if you have so much MONEY wrapped up in your toys then keep them away from prying hands and curious eyes. My neighbor is a mechanic and he drives a car that looks like it belongs in a junk yard, but it runs like a new Mercedes. I could drop a brick on it and he would care less. But no way can I get to his engine and moving parts. These are the parts he really cares about and protects them from any possibility of damage. He has his priorities straight and I'd fly with him anywhere, any time.

Thanks for listening.

Thomas

P.S. Agression (verbal or physical) is the last resort, not the first; and you use it to stop a situation from happening not as an after thought. My opinion remains unchanged and the book is tested not just a collection of ideas.

P.P.S. This is my last ps ...... I am not directing any of what I say to any individual, I don't even know who wrote what. I am addressing an issue. I use lots of energy to maintain a level temperment. It has proven valuable when dealing with emotional issues on the ground and stressful conditions in the air. Like I said at the start I have no experience sharing a hangar with other pilots. It is a learning experience reading your stories and a way to avoid making mistakes in my future.

Thanks

Last edited:

cgmg

Aircraft
Empty hangar right now, have owned and flown Air Command & RAF
Total Flight Time
Guys,

I'm not mad any more about my hangar partner incident. I'm like Stan, address the issue quickly, and clarify my position. If it happens again, Tom will get a large dose of his own attitude back, which he shows at regular intervals. I really don't believe it will happen again, when I stated he was messing with my flight surfaces & controls, he immediately realized his error, and apologized.

Regarding the move out and find another hangar comment, get real! I don't even know where the next closest available, affordable hangar would be.

My hangar is a 20-minute drive away. I currently pay $58 a month rent, only have two hangar partners, and have an 1800' and 2200' runway virtually to myself. Our landlady doesn't require insurance on our machines. The rent is almost half what I was paying three years ago, and that owner now requires insurance on your aircraft if you hangar there. The total hours flown this year by both of my hangar partners has to be less than 10. I challenge anyone to beat that value.

Any relationship will have its bad moments, and this was one of them. I'm fortunate that Tom, especially, spends so little time at the hangar. Although Tom doesn't own the hangar, he's been there several years, and has claimed the largest chunk of the hangar for himself. That's just a fact of life I've chosen to live with, based on the enormous value to me of hangaring there.

dragonflyerthom

Platinum Member
Aircraft
RAF 2000 GTX SE
Total Flight Time
183FW 132Gyro
Mark

It sounds like you have it under control. Good Luck and Happy Hangaring.

Oummmmmmmmm.

Thom

Master Roda

The Jedi
HAR HAR!!!

If it was me:

1: turn his aircraft in a half circle (so it points the other way)
2: leave a friendly note (dont touch my f'in aircraft)
3: dont say a word (after all he didnt, right?)

Maybe i'm just passive/ aggresive :) :)

I'm just kidding of course... (or am I?)

Jon

Thomas

Gold Member
Aircraft
Bell 47.204.205.206.212, Hiller 12a, Hughes 300.500, Sikorsky S76, Cessna 150.210.310
Total Flight Time
Master Roda

Master Roda

You are a scary person. Anytime you want to create fear become ......... Unpredictable.

Problem solving is confronting a situation as it is happening. Find a young child bouncing on your rotor blades, consider:

1. A parent is responsible for the actions of their children.
2. You have a legal right to protect your property.
3. You have already been reasonable in posting restriction regarding access to your property.
4. If you choose to grab that little crum muncher by the collar and yank his young ass of your aircraft with or without words of discouragement you would be ethically swayed to do so in an effort to protect your property from damage which might be consider in court as being a deliberate act by the childs parent.
5. As you man handle this child the parent will, undoubtedly, find issue with this action and approach you, probably with malace in mind.
6. This "probably" is enough cause for you, once he as come into arms reach, to muster as much energy as possible into an upper cut and lay his ass out on the hangar floor.
7. In court you will offer your defense that you were protecting your property and found the adult to be acting in an aggressive manner giving probable cause he meant violence toward you allowing you the right to defend yourself.

Doubt it would get to court though.

Any other action simply escalates the issue to more aggravation until a feud is enacted and the initial cause forgotten. AND any other action reveals cowardice to sneak in covert retaliation; the exact same scenario in the Middle East.

Thomas

Master Roda

The Jedi
Thomas said:
You are a scary person. Anytime you want to create fear become ......... Unpredictable.

I really don't know why i'm responding to this. This was all in jest. If you read the beginning of my post.

HARHARHARHARHARHARHARHAR

Jon

Thomas

Gold Member
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
Master Roda said:
I really don't know why i'm responding to this. This was all in jest. If you read the beginning of my post.

HARHARHARHARHARHARHARHAR

Jon

Your avatar is scary too. :D