Who else is building?

Re:Who else is building?

Excellent idea! I'm almost done with my project, but I will enjoy the discussion.

Udi-

I thought we posted building projects under the Kit makers and manufacturing catagory. If not, your idea is great.

John-

Great Idea Bill

Todd,

I swear your like a Gennie in a bottle ;D

John-

I like to fly better but I have become a builder out of needs and money, I want thing that kits didn't have or they wanted to much for me to buy.

I have made some cool glass Tall tail in the pass for others but that is eating my project time up.

I feel the lighter you can make a gyro the better it can be. Less power is needed to fly it. shorter blades can be used less money for that and storage is better too.

A 1300 pound gyro should do all that we need and do it on 150 HP or less.

I would like to see more tractor gyros so that is what I am working on now. If things work out I will be able to offer a kit. Tri gear, one or two place. 4130 space frame, folding mast and be able to train you in one too.

I like to look at kit planes and see what it would take to convert it to a gyro. I think the RANs S-14 and 12 would be easy to make into a great light pusher type gyro. The S-12 with its mimi pod looks to be the bests.

You can do it as a drop keel MOD or twin tail boom that go to the sides of the prop.

The motor would drop down from the wing to the frame behind the seats.

If you find a S12 or 14 damage but the cage is good tell me about it I will buy it.

Last edited:
rans pods

rans pods

I also like the looks of rans planes,I am currently building a tamden,taildrager,gyro with a rans s-18 enclosure and hirth f-30 .The f-30
is mounted as a pusher but the prop is in front of the motor which allows
the unit to run "free air" for cooling.Main tubing for engine mount,tail,etc
goes thru the center of the prop,(cog belt redrive) this is very light and simple
to brace.The rotorhead is unique as it has a much larger bearing 1.250 i.d.,with this change Iwas able to add a driveshaft thru the center of the
of
the head to pre-rotate,a sprage bearing is also incorperated as a fail-safe
Power for pre-rotor is from a 6.5hp lawnboy engine with a special reduction
and super small,wet clutch.Frame is 4130 tubing mig and tig welded as needed
I will try to post some pics. when i get some extra time