Where's the (Wing)?

Rotate1953

rotate1953
I have often thought that a (Rotarywing Aircraft) should have a Rotating (Wing)? To turn the Larger wing Electric Motors are mounted near the wingtips.See prototype at r/cuniverse.Had to change direction of rotation so stock rotation can be used on both sides with stock props and equal airflows! Todays Heli's seem dislecsic.Roll Over Sigorski and let me give you the News!! A Small Electric Car could be Driven onto a platform.And with (Fly by Wire) controls and a (Telescoping Steering Wheel) with foot pedals.Could convert to a Rotarywing Aircraft.With all the comforts and protective devices allready in the vehicle.Not to mention the Navigational Aids!! With the need for a Wing the size of a Glider.It would be easier than trying to fold them away.And the Auto would remain the Same.Just unplug and Store the Unit

brett s

Gold Supporter
Someone needs to do a little research, it'll become pretty obvious why there are all sorts of reasons full-scale helicopter blades look the way they do.

Powering them via props at the tips is a fine way to give up a lot of efficiency.

Rotate1953

rotate1953
rotate1953

rotate1953

Someone needs to do a little research, it'll become pretty obvious why there are all sorts of reasons full-scale helicopter blades look the way they do.

Powering them via props at the tips is a fine way to give up a lot of efficiency.
You mean that a Twin Engine planes wings are less efficiante.Becuase there is a Motor on it?I don't see the advantage to the Motor on the Fuselage? Whether pushing or pulling.I would think if the prop is forcing air over the wing it would help somewhat?

brett s

Gold Supporter
A geared helicopter transmission is typically 97-99% efficient.

A good prop is closer to 80%, and it can be a lot worse.

This is pretty basic stuff.