Where can I get those JPX engines for the Cri Cri (Cricket)???!!!!

Mellux

Hey guys I have been doing a lot of research regarding the Cri Cri I’m still in the process of finding plans for the plane and so far no luck. But besides that I heard that the jpx PUL 212 engines used for the Cri Cri aren’t made anymore and I would like to know what other companies make a good engine model that I can use for the Cri Cri. Also I heard 3w is good. What would be the best model engine from 3w?

Thank you!

Best regards
Mellux

There is (or at least there used to be) a forum dedicated to the Cricket / Cri Cri. That would be your best source of information.

Someone is building a CriCri over at homebuiltairplanes dot com
Maybe he can help?
Cheers
Erik

I believe I once read you have to have a license from the creator to build one - it's copyrighted.
And that's not easy to get.

Cheers
Erik

CriCri MC15 is with two JPX 212 engine (15 Hp)
CriCri MC10 is with two Solo 210 engine (12 Hp)

You don’t need a license from the designer to build one.... he just won’t support any builders in US.

The plans can be subject to copyright, meaning that it is improper to stick a copy of the plans into a photocopy machine to make an additional paper copy, but a copyright in the plans does not in anyway restrict building an aircraft according to what is shown in the plans. Copyright covers artistic expression but not any utilitarian aspect of an object. See, e.g., 17 U.S.C. 102(a).