When Vacations Attack

Tina

Total Flight Time
400+ FW 100+ GYRO
Hi All,

Did anyone see the show last night "When Vacations Attack?" Here is the link, it has a gyroplane crash we all talked about here on the forum sometime ago that was caught on video. I was watching this show because next Sunday My video and interview of Dennis Kenyon's crash will be aired December 4th.

http://www.travelchannel.com/video/air-show-crash

Tina

Total Flight Time
400+ FW 100+ GYRO
Female logic confuses me.
What is that suppose to mean? I havn't been on this forum in several months and thought I share this information and this is what I get in response? Now I suddenly remember why I don't ever like coming on the forum. Wow some very rude people thats right.:puke:

Lee Scatt

Crash-test pilot
Aircraft
Bensen/BMW R-1100 (under construction)
Total Flight Time
500+
Wow Tina, you sure are thin skinned. I didn't see anything rude in what I posted.
Let's see, "I'm watching today, because what I want everyone to see, is on next week".
That's wierd no matter how you try and figure it.
But, Sorry to have offended you, no offense intended.

Last edited:

Penguin

Too Short a Member
Aircraft
Dominator, 582, 23' Dragon Wings, 60" Warp Drive
Total Flight Time
250+ hours
Thanks for posting this, Tina.
Does anyone know the findings regarding how the FW and the gyro were attempting to occupy the same space at the same time?

gyroplanes

FAA DAR Gyropilot
Aircraft
(1) Air Command, (1) Barnett, (1) Air Command 2 place kit, (1) Sycamore gyro
Total Flight Time
Thanks Tina, The video wouldn't play for me, but I have seen it before.

Larry,
I understand the pilot posted, in a previous thread, that he was over the runway and a giant shadow over him appeared. I believe he tried to force the gyro to the ground with bad results. It was somehwere in the PNW.

feedpro

Aircraft
Sonex homebuilt, Vortex M912
Total Flight Time
6700+ 96 hours gyro
Tina,
Thank you for posting the date of your handy work, what time should I be planning to watch the Travel Channel on the 4th? Tell me more about your contribution to this show. I always appreciate when someone posts about an gyro event coming up on television, and of coarse, I am also interested in how they are connected.

Plus, having been in television (40 years ago), I can appreciate why you would want to watch a show previous to it airing something that you contributed.

CLS447

Platinum Member
Aircraft
Air Command 503 & Air Command SxS /EJ2.5
Total Flight Time
Aprox 400 gyro
How comes I never met that couple ?

Anyone here know them ?

Mike484

AR-1 🇺🇸
Aircraft
RAF 2000 w/Horizontal stabilizer, KB3 w/tall tail
Total Flight Time
40+
Great show! I've seen this video many times and wasn't really aware of what really happened except that a plane was involved somehow, I'm sure there are many others that also have seen it and didn't know the story. Since there's a horizontal stabilizer I was wondering what the RAF bashers thought the cause was besides that it was an HLT RAF which seems to always be the blame. This tells the story and is very well presented. Thanks for the link.

PW_Plack

Aircraft
Sport Copter Vortex 582
Total Flight Time
FW: 200 Gyro: 51
Randy Rogers was the long-time president of Chapter 30 in the Seattle area. He gave a ton of intro rides, and was the only member still able to take a newbie up for a first flight after the GBA dealership closed.

Randy's out of gyros now. The GBA dealership closed down, the area's only gyro CFI went inactive, and Chapter 30's gone dark.

It's discouraging to see how these shows exaggerate for dramatic effect. Dennis's crash will give them much more to work with in that regard.

Doug S.

PRA # 41505
Aircraft
Sportcopter Vortex / Xenon RST
Total Flight Time
I seen that crash before on video but never new what cause him to crash. Thanks for clearing up that mystery.

Tina have you decided to keep you awesome gyro or is it still for sale?
Doug S.

Mike484

AR-1 🇺🇸
Aircraft
RAF 2000 w/Horizontal stabilizer, KB3 w/tall tail
Total Flight Time
40+
Doug S.
There's another recent thread where someone is looking to purchase one, Tina's would be a great buy and nothing that anyone would regret later.

RotorTom

Aircraft
Enstrom 480B, CTLS, Ercoupe
Total Flight Time
5000+
Huh?

Huh?

Wow Tina, you sure are thin skinned. I didn't see anything rude in what I posted.
Let's see, "I'm watching today, because what I want everyone to see, is on next week".
That's wierd no matter how you try and figure it.
But, Sorry to have offended you, no offense intended.
Not to be disagreeable ... but Tina's post made complete sense to me. I understood her to mean she was checking out the show because she was going to be part of it in the near future. She was obviously checking out the format to get an idea of how her episode would be presented.

Your post is the one that confused me about "female logic".

Last edited:

Lee Scatt

Crash-test pilot
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
500+
I guess I've been single too long.....Tom, you are not much easier to decipher,your third sentence requires that I choose a word to use between "of her". Why, how, when will all work. I reckon I'm easily confused.

Last edited:

Timchick

Tim Chick
Aircraft
Sport Copter Vortex, 582 Greyhead
Total Flight Time
~30
From watching the show I got the impression that the RAF was taking off and the FW was approaching from the opposite direction to make a high speed pass down the runway. The RAF took evasive actions and lost lift in the process so he tried to make an emergency landing.

Lee Scatt

Crash-test pilot
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
500+
I'm sorry for my stupid postings. I guess I am bored from not flying.
I will have some new material soon.

Arnie Madsen

Aircraft
Bell 47 G2
Hi Tina , a few stumbles in the opening posts , but thanks for the notice that we can soon see your video of Dennis Kenyon. I have looked forward to it for a long time.

Dennis is still active in helicopters , a regular contributor to helicopter forums , and one of my favorite pilots. Much of his early aerobatic flying was done on Enstrom's while he was the UK dealer.

If anyone can bring out the bright side of helicopter flying , it is Dennis Kenyon. Even in a very hard landing . Does he get to tell his perspective in your upcoming show? Hope so. Thanks again for the rare footage you provided.

Arnie.

Tina

Total Flight Time
400+ FW 100+ GYRO
Doug S.

Hi Doug, Yes my gyro is still for sale. I have gotten a few interested parties but they cant come up with the money, hard times for everyone these days.

I will just have to keep flying it till the right person comes along that can afford it. ;)

Tina

Total Flight Time
400+ FW 100+ GYRO
Hi Tina , a few stumbles in the opening posts , but thanks for the notice that we can soon see your video of Dennis Kenyon. I have looked forward to it for a long time.

Dennis is still active in helicopters , a regular contributor to helicopter forums , and one of my favorite pilots. Much of his early aerobatic flying was done on Enstrom's while he was the UK dealer.

If anyone can bring out the bright side of helicopter flying , it is Dennis Kenyon. Even in a very hard landing . Does he get to tell his perspective in your upcoming show? Hope so. Thanks again for the rare footage you provided.

Arnie.
Thanks for your nice words Arnie and yes Dennis was interviewed for this show. I was told by the camera man that some people from the helicopter school was interviewed too. He also told me after the interview those guys got into a helicopter accident. Not sure if his accounts are true but never heard anything about this.

Dennis and I keep in contact about these shows that want his video accident and decide if we like to do it our not. This show is directed by the same team that did Shockwave. So saying that it should be good but never know how it turns out until its aired. These shows seem to put a twist to it to give the most dramatic effect. I sometimes feel like a puppet to their dramatic license and is there to fill in the part they want me to play.

Last edited: