When floks ask what is it like to fly. What do you tell him?

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Airgyro AG915 Centurian, Aviomania G1sb
Total Flight Time
Gyroplane 70Hrs, not sure over 10,000+ logged FW, 260+ ultralights, sailplane, hang-gliders
At higher altitudes you get an odd feeling which never gets old... a feeling that's not often told! Flying with our planet is heaven on earth, so high at the top of the sky it’s beauty, peace and serenity as far as and eye can see, wrapped in wonder of a profound mystery while understating here we're all free navigating as one peoples, together riding on or flying over our little spaceship, a blue marble, traveling through a universe of catastrophes, galaxies colliding and super nova exploding, right next door, yet here I fly above and below in infinite joy in an invisible sea of apparent tranquility.

This is close to I think and how I feel. How about you?

Last edited:
The annual - poetry & prose thread!

The annual - poetry & prose thread!

Sounds like a good start to the winter down-time for many ... crank out the prose/poetry talents ... tell the world how we feel about our aerial - rotor passions! :D

My aerial hot-rod's name is OZ'rora
four years, build, learn,solo & horror -
PPbolt broke - thankfully on ground
All repaired improved, slow to rebound
This year put in "Jake" head mods - now love to fly around! :D

OK ...not a poet & know it .... just want to encourage some fun & frivolity to cheer up the forum! :noidea:

Sounds like a good start to the winter down-time for many ... crank out the prose/poetry talents ... tell the world how we feel about our aerial - rotor passions! :D

My aerial hot-rod's name is OZ'rora
four years, build, learn,solo & horror -
PPbolt broke - thankfully on ground
All repaired improved, slow to rebound
This year put in "Jake" head mods - now love to fly around! :D

OK ...not a poet & know it .... just want to encourage some fun & frivolity to cheer up the forum! :noidea:
Chris that is exactly correct. And U-Rock....

But the rest of you do not have to make it rhyme. I wrote this about a year ago IIRC.

I really do not know how to describe the freedom of being able to fly in 3-d space any direction I wish to go it is so freeing to the spirit.

PS:

Did you see your famous now in the PSF article I wrote?

Cool season magic air ....

Cool season magic air ....

just 2 days ago Jim & I had a fly around in Festey ... enjoying the unusually 50's - "warm" days - for KS December!

I felt sad ... poor OZ'rora has not flown much this year ... so yesterday I took her out for a romp .... she seemed appreciative .... no red lights - goofy EGTs & we zoomed around the hayfield doing hard turns & low passes .... I REALLY love the solid feel of the new style "Jake" rotorhead mods. I was delighted all over again with my first-love gyro!
Winter upgrades may be a Bolly prop & Sportrotors! :)

Read it as soon as it hit the PRA members site!

Read it as soon as it hit the PRA members site!

.... been a LONG time since we had a Rotorcraft Ezine OR a PSF edition ... BOTH greatly missed! :( ... hopefully all back to regular schedule again!
Chris

Did you see your famous now in the PSF article I wrote?

Thanks ....:eek::humble:

Yeah .... now Paul Fiebich ( Tram tour guide @ airventure) of our EAAChap88 - who wrote the Oshkosh article ...wants me to write my version for the chapter newsletter! :eek:hwell:

.... been a LONG time since we had a Rotorcraft Ezine OR a PSF edition ... BOTH greatly missed! :( ... hopefully all back to regular schedule again!

Thanks ....:eek::humble:

Yeah .... now Paul Fiebich ( Tram tour guide @ airventure) of our EAAChap88 - who wrote the Oshkosh article ...wants me to write my version for the chapter newsletter! :eek:hwell:
That's a great idea!!! you are perfect for that mission. Good on ya!

:pWhat's it feel like? Like sex with out the mess but it costs just as much!
Hahahahaha. I love it and she will never leave you and take 1/2 or more of your stuff!!

Good one!!!

Half is fair.

:pWhat's it feel like? Like sex with out the mess but it costs just as much!

Well a Jerry can of fuel, that's a cheap hoe, I think flying is the best fun with ya pants on, all you're worries are 1000ft below.Flying with the eagles thinking of the ground turkeys. I remember wheeling my MTO out the back of an airport to a fuel station and filled up. I went in to pay and the pay attendant said ya won't catch me up there in one of them things. I said we fly with the eagles your probly better off running with the turkeys thinking like that.

Half is fair.
Hi J
Are you flying?

I not sure? It seems to me that they should pay her what she could earn at the best job she could get times the number of years of marriage.

If you work 20 hours days and earn millions while she was shopping. Somehow to me it doesn't seem fair. She could have never earn 1% of that if she was working?

Well a Jerry can of fuel, that's a cheap hoe, I think flying is the best fun with ya pants on, all you're worries are 1000ft below.Flying with the eagles thinking of the ground turkeys. I remember wheeling my MTO out the back of an airport to a fuel station and filled up. I went in to pay and the pay attendant said ya won't catch me up there in one of them things. I said we fly with the eagles your probly better off running with the turkeys thinking like that.
They say the same thing even if they ride dirt bikes when you jump 60 feet from one sand dune to the next. I'd never do that... well then you are missing out on the full experience of life staying on the ground, racing in the Baja 500 & 1000. Sad really... They will never know what it is to REALLY LIVE!

Hey John whats FAIR got to do with it. She gets half and da lawyer gets atha half and they live happy ever after. Keep it simple. If it Fly's,F@#ks,or Floats....buy it.

These days I tell them. From the time I was 5 I envied the birds. Especially when hiking in the mountains. They would be over my head and only a few minuets latter they were over the next mountain ridge and I knew they saw an incomparable view the entire time compared to me stuck in the bust.

I do not envy the birds any more since I started flying gyroplanes. They envy me except for hummingbirds! I can fly sideways, backwards, and vertically descend. When they are going as fast as they can and do a high speed turn they do accelerated stall where we fly like a roller coaster on rails. I can create my on roller coaster ride different every time there is nothing more fun than flying up the coast, rivers, and trees out in the open dong what you please. it's more fun than being a bird!

These thing are the most fun thing I've have ever flown, rode or piloted, for the shear joy of flying and view. I'm out of the cockpit and in the open and feel like a bird with an almost unstructured view of the world below!

Last edited:
I tell them that flying a gyro is the most fun you can have with your hands between your legs and not go blind...

I don’t fluck around with floks. I just take them flying.

I don’t have the words to describe the joy I find as pilot in command of a gyroplane.

I ask what they imagine and try to expand from there adding some things they may not have imagined.

I tell them that flying a gyro is the most fun you can have with your hands between your legs and not go blind...
I do enjoy the way you think!

I don’t fluck around with floks. I just take them flying.

I don’t have the words to describe the joy I find as pilot in command of a gyroplane.

I ask what they imagine and try to expand from there adding some things they may not have imagined.
I don't think I do either.