wheels and rims

OuterMarker

Aspirant
Aircraft
Air Command
Total Flight Time
94-rotor
It's is getting to be time for replacing the tires and plastic rims on my Air Command. These items seem to be the stock tires and rims which are very, very old. What is the latest and greatest flavor these days with rims and tires? Who makes them and where can you find them?
thanks....albert

yeah that's the set I am looking at for the Falcon. just not sure which set to order.

like I stated before, I am still working on it till it sells, but of course the price will increase as it gets closer to flying and of course if it don't sell,I just have the Falcon closer for my self to fly.

but those brakes look like the best bang for the bucks.

scottessex : Checked that out, I only make .50 per hour scott.

But I am having to change a few other things when I switch over the B/M
axle is 5/8" my tube is 3/4" make new plate to keep the axle tube from spinning. last but least make new plate to replace the U brackets by the wheels.....

I JUST finished putting a set on my Soma. I haven't even posted any pictures of it yet after the change. I love the brakes and wheels. I went for the welded wheels instead of the split rims, but I'm still having issues with the master cylinder and the fact that I mounted it horizontally instead of vertically. It isn't a closed system... it has a pipe plug with a vent in it. I keep losing all my hydraulic oil even though I have moved a vent plug to side (what I am using as the top with it being mounted horizontally) and I would plug it solid but its a royal pain in the rear to keep air out of it when I do that. I've tried every combination and bought Lowes out of pipe plugs to try different combinations. I think converting it to a closed system is what I'm going to have to do and just live with having to bleed it frequently.

Went to Hart Aero, nice items, where are they located ?????

Tony

WHY : Here you go!

http://www.hartaero.com/
4714 County Road 1340
Pomona, Missouri 65789
Phone #417-252-0409

I told the guy he needed to post his address and number more on his pages. I had to retype the address just to find it......

Thanks Chris, that wont be far from me as I live in NE Okla. just about 25 miles from Joplin Mo.

Tony

WHY :
Glad to help! Wish I could have gotten a set from him, but I was in a rush. Make sure you call him before you go. He said that it would take a few days to get them.

From Home Depot’s aviation dept: Less than $20 ready to roll.

Attachments

• wheel.JPG
    wheel.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 0
C. Beaty : What is it on? Not a gyro!

Believe it or not Chris, they are on a gyro and a nice one too.

Tony

The amount of aviation hardware carried by Home Depot is surprising.

Attachments

• IMG_0149.jpg
    IMG_0149.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 0
Here’s Jake Jacob’s (Gyrojake) implementation of Home Depot’s aviation wheels.

Wheel, tire and bearings for ~$20. They even come already filled with Chinese air.

Attachments

• IMG_0025.jpg
    IMG_0025.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 0
ok guys......I have decided to just replace the old Azusa rims with new Azusa rims. I see the 6" rims are either aluminum or nylon. However, the nose wheel is currently a 4" rim and I don't see where it comes in aluminum...only nylon...at least that is what Aircraft Spruce is listing. Is there an aluminum 4" rim out there? Secondly, the tires are the old Cheng Shinn. What other 4-ply tires are being used that will fit on these rims and the narrow forks of the Air Command CLT?
thanks,
albert

Oh....anybody have any of these items used that they want to part with?