What's up with Comtronics??

MattPearson

Gold Supporter
I bought a Comtronics helmet from a fellow gyro pilot that just took a dump on me after about two hours of use.  I have called Comtronics several times and no one answers the phone. No one returns calls and I don't know what else to do. Does anyone any advice or know what the heck is going on with this company?

ToddP

Administrator
Staff member
Aircraft
Dominator Gyro / RV9
Total Flight Time
500 Hours
Re: What's up with Comtronics??

Matt,<br><br>I bought my helmet from comtronics about 6 months ago.  It takes awhile to get anything.  I also ordered the patch cord for my helmet to connect to my handheld.  Lucky for me, they answered both times I called.  I have no idea why they aren't answering your calls.<br><br>Maybe try one of their vendors like Olenik aviation, see if they know anything.  Their website is:  http://www.buyitsellitfixit.com/helmets.htm<br><br>They are real nice people and helpful.<br><br>Todd<br>

Screw

Lubricating & Stimulating
Aircraft
Dominator 2 place/Cessnas & Pipers
Total Flight Time
300+

Matt,<br><br>When I needed a patch cord for my helmet, I got no answer iether.  I left a message.  Late the next day they returned my call, took my order, said it would take a week, and got it in 3 days.<br><br>I had good experiance with them, just no one answered the phone, and took a day or so to get back with me.<br><br>Keep leaving messages, they'll call.<br><br>john-

MattPearson

Gold Supporter

I left two messages last week and still no call. The numbers that I get from different Contronics distributors is the same.  Maybe they are on a vacation and don't keep the place open when they are gone.

barnstorm2

Platinum Member
Aircraft
2-place Air Command CLT SxS (project), & Twinstarr Autogyro
Total Flight Time
750+hrs and climbing

Matt,<br><br>I had problems contacting them also. However, once I did get through I got great support. They told me they are overwhelmed with business right now.

Paul_Zurawski

Aircraft
Bensen Subaru
Total Flight Time
10,000+

I bought a Helmet/Headset adapter from them...took about 3 weeks to get it....high quality.....they were very helpful answering my questions.

daveeisler

Trying to figure it out?
Aircraft
Aircommand 582. 80hrs
Total Flight Time
280hrs Piper
Re:What's up with Comtronics??

They have moved and they are not young so it took a bit of a toll on them, they are very good , give them a chance, I too had problems and they took care of me, I am not sure of any other comany that makes what we need .

Chuck Irby

Platinum Member
Aircraft
618 Dominator Single
Total Flight Time
60 solo
Re:What's up with Comtronics??

Hey Guys,

I have had quite a few dealings with Comtronics and felt that the following info might be of help to you:

George, the owner, is a nice guy, but is not very technically oriented. He also is very busy and is not good about returning calls. His number is 413-269-7394.

Bruce Tess, in a totally different location, is the guy, it seems, that does the biggest load of the more technical work. Bruce can also take your orders. Bruce can be reached at 715-366-7095.

I wanted a patch cord that would allow me to hook up to my PTT switch that was built into my stick grip. George told me that they had no way of providing one for that purpose. Bruce, on the other hand, said sure, no problem.

The service was slow, but the product was good and the price was right for what they did.