What's the status of the Dominator design?

13brv3

Gold Member
Total Flight Time
500 hours fixed wing, 12 in gyros.
Greetings,

I know that Ernie retired, and RFD is no more, but did the Dominator design rights get sold to anyone who will continue making them? It would be great if there were plans available, and maybe some parts like the nose pod. I'm not suggesting anyone make unauthorized plans, but rather hoping the design will continue to be available in some form.

Cheers,
Rusty

Jazzenjohn

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
I've designed, built, and flown 4 different ultralight gyros. Amassing parts for a 2 place now.
Total Flight Time
400+
I know several people have built from plans, so they should be out there. Why don't you post in the wanted area and see if someone is willing to sell you a set? I would have included the Dominator in the list of gyro's that might be suitable for the HKS engine except that you said you weren't interested in it. Build light if you go with a Dom as it is heavier than my other suggestions.

13brv3

Gold Member
Total Flight Time
I had a chance to look at a Dominator and Vortex together last week, and it's hard not to still be interested in the Dominator. I think every model will have good and bad points. There are lots of Dominators out there, and you seem to see them for sale more often than some models so I'm keeping an eye out.

Good suggestion for the plans. I understood that they were only offered early on, and I thought I read that the wood tail was the only one included. Maybe that's not correct, but I'm sure the plans would still be useful if I can find a set. I'd definitely want the pod, and that won't be a plans built item of course. I wonder who made those, and if they can still supply them?

Rusty

MikeBoyette

Gold Member
Aircraft
Dominator
Total Flight Time
200+
Dad is retired however the Dominator Design and Dragon Wing Design are for sale. The person who bought the Dragon Wings didn’t hold his end of the contract up so said contract is void and dad retains the rights to produce Dragon Wings. He also has the right to sell said rights and designs. Anyone interested can hit me up here and I will relay information to him.

13brv3

Gold Member
Total Flight Time
Interesting. Hopefully someone will buy the rights, and continue production, or possibly offer new plans for sale.
Thanks,
Rusty