Whats the difference, Trendak, Argo, Celier??

ventana7

Gold Member
Aircraft
Xenon Gyroplane, Cessna 182
Total Flight Time
You are probably right Rob. I think I have dodged some bullets when I almost considered becoming a rep for Artur and then Celier and then more recently Manufaktura Lotnicza ... Whew.
Over the years I have been called by a number of people who were in the process of doing their due diligence on a partnership with Raphael, I've always been glad when I could steer them away.

I'm glad you did not work with them because you starting Silverlight and bringing your vast aviation background to gyroplanes is one of the best things that's happened for gyros in the US.
Rob

Steve_UK

Aircraft
I'm not a pilot but have been lucky enough to fly in Mi-24 Hind, Mi-2, Mi-17, Lynx HAS3, Gliders, GA
""What can anyone say about Tercel N640BE? ""

Machine number #208 - registered in the US Jan 2016 - own Mr K, Gyro Experience, Florida, USA - Accident 11.6.18 hard landing and flipped over at Coleville, Wyoming, USA - N640BE cancelled June 2019 ( possible sale in progress to a NC owner at time of cancellation )

Philbennett

Thanks Steve - owner contacted me suggests there was a control failure and the NTSB didn’t inspect the aircraft. Anyone get a view (not physical I mean opinion!) at the time?

Steve_UK

Aircraft
I'm not a pilot but have been lucky enough to fly in Mi-24 Hind, Mi-2, Mi-17, Lynx HAS3, Gliders, GA
Have you read the NTSB report - says the FAA inspected the wreckage - extract below

According to the pilot, while performing maneuvers south of the private airstrip, he felt no response when he applied left cyclic, and the gyrocopter "was stuck in a moderate right turn." The pilot initiated an emergency descent back to the private airstrip. During the approach, the pilot was unable to regain control of the gyrocopter, and it impacted terrain while sliding to the right. The gyrocopter rolled over to the right and came to rest on its right side.
Post accident examination of the gyrocopter by Federal Aviation Administration inspectors revealed the gyrocopter sustained substantial damage to the main rotor blades, fuselage structure, vertical stabilizers, and horizontal stabilizer. A cyclic push/pull tube was fractured consistent with damage sustained during the impact; no additional anomalies were noted with the flight control systems. The examination revealed no evidence of mechanical malfunctions or failures that would have precluded normal operation.""

Philbennett

Yes I’ve seen that but seems there is a large story. I’m out operating off my phone but check out the YouTube thing I did and the comments section. The owner of N640 flew to Poland he was so concerned!

Steve_UK

Aircraft
Phil - you tell us your friend says the NTSB didn't inspect the wreck and the pilot suspected control failure - the NTSB report refers to that suggestion but also makes clear that the FAA did repeat did examine the wreckage and "A cyclic push/pull tube was fractured consistent with damage sustained during the impact; no additional anomalies were noted with the flight control systems. The examination revealed no evidence of mechanical malfunctions or failures that would have precluded normal operation.""

Philbennett

Hey Steve - I’m just a messenger read what he said. He is adamant that they didn’t inspect.... he was so concerned he flew the part all the way to Poland.. just saying as I’m not familiar with the NTSB process but if it’s the same as AAIB with no injury gyro accidents frankly they couldn’t care less.

fara

AR-1 gyro manufacturer
Aircraft
AR-1
Total Flight Time
3600+ .. New to gyroplanes
Hey Steve - I’m just a messenger read what he said. He is adamant that they didn’t inspect.... he was so concerned he flew the part all the way to Poland.. just saying as I’m not familiar with the NTSB process but if it’s the same as AAIB with no injury gyro accidents frankly they couldn’t care less.
That was Aston Kinsley's gyroplane that he sold to someone in Wyoming or something like that. I did talk to Aston about this but it was a while back. I think the pilot needed more training and time but we all know how that goes sometimes ..

Brent Drake

Gyroplane Instructor
Aircraft
Pipers/Cessna's/gyro's
Total Flight Time
3,000+
I believe the Argo 915 in Flordia is the best way to go. The guy who owns it also owns Rotor Tech carbon blades. I have a set that flys very nice.