Whats in that barn???

WaspAir

Supreme Allied Gyro CFI
Aircraft
Bell 47G-3B-1 / A&S 18A / Phoebus C, etc.
Total Flight Time
stopped caring at 1000
Dibs on the Alfas.

If I'm too late for those, I'll take the Lotuses.

HobbyCAD

Homebuilt Heli Enthusiast
Dibs on the Alfas.

If I'm too late for those, I'll take the Lotuses.
I had my eye on all the Alfa Romeo's as well.

No pun intended, but I'm surprised to know you Yankee boys are able to spot an Alfa Romeo classic on your side of the Atlantic.... I thought it's all Chevvy's, Fords, Cadillacs and Studebakers...

BUD ONEAL

Gold Member
Aircraft
Dominator
Total Flight Time
600+
Will take mucho dinero to get the rust off,insome cases the rust is all the way through the metal.A shame that they wern't protected better.

WaspAir

Supreme Allied Gyro CFI
Aircraft
Bell 47G-3B-1 / A&S 18A / Phoebus C, etc.
Total Flight Time
stopped caring at 1000
I had my eye on all the Alfa Romeo's as well.

No pun intended, but I'm surprised to know you Yankee boys are able to spot an Alfa Romeo classic on your side of the Atlantic.... I thought it's all Chevvy's, Fords, Cadillacs and Studebakers...
It hasn't always been all tail fins and pick-up trucks.
At one time it was possible here to grow up with Alfas, Fiats, Lancias, Peugeots, Citroens, Renaults, MGs, Triumphs, Austins, Jensens, and such before they all disappeared from the U.S. market. Fisher bodies (General Motors) were certainly the norm for the general public, but I had my share of Bertone, Giugiaro, and Pininfarina. Even one DKW in the family for a while, believe it or not.

j bird

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Dominator/Airworthiness Certificate 9/06/12
Total Flight Time
26.5 duel,RAF,Sparrow-Hawk,Cavalon,Calidus.
Probably because they don't know what it is.

gyroplanes

FAA DAR Gyropilot
Aircraft
(2) Air Commands, (1) Barnett, (1) Parsons modified 2 place, (1) Beechcraft Sundowner
Total Flight Time
Hey, don't forget my "baby".
Rootes Motors Sunbeam Tiger.
I have had Detroit iron as well (one of them was hand built in a California airplane hangar, by a very well known name)
and for my southern friends, I once owned a '69 Holman-Moody, Mercury Cyclone, 429 stock car. I appreciate cool vehicles with 4 wheels too.

Did you ever see the US barn find estate with all the Stutz autos. The guy was a autogiro owner and supposedly, it was in the barn. I wrote to the auctioneer in England and they replied that the autogiro was gone already

Last edited:

coolbaldguy

Total Flight Time
1 Hr
Treasure Chest

Treasure Chest

That would be a good day! To find that in what you thought was an empty barn. I think I would be happy with having a barn that size! I would fill it with toys too!