What Subaru ????

Paul! You is da man! i love the Subaru. I have two of their cars and both run great. One has 113000 and I would jump in it tomorrow and with out hesitation drive it cross country and back. Chris told me a story where a local car dealer has a EJ-22 that had 300000 and put in a car cause the engine ran to well to junk. Paul, I do have a very important question for you. I have a EJ-20 STI Turbo I want to use some day. It has a bent timing belt cam gear. Can you get parts for the EJ-20 in Austrailia? If so would you e-mail me a supplier for subaru JDM parts?

Larrye, I don't understand JDM parts.

Aussie paul. :)

Tim, Yes it is a quad cam. The gear is a cast steel gear. It is located (looking right at the gears)on the lower left hand side.I believe I counted the number of teeth. I think it was 48.
Paul, JDM is the japanese domestic market. The engine came out of a car in Japan, but the engines were in Subarus in Austrailia before the US.The engine I have was in a Legacy. It had 8900 miles on it when the car got hit. It was a EJ-20 STI FI turbo. Produced 245 hp.The engine looks like new. Just I can't seem to get the gear.I went to the local Sub dealor and their gears would not work as they were fiber or aluminum with a different configuration. Bummer! I will post a picture of the gear if anyone can or knows of a junk yard or parts store for JDM market engines.Thank-you

pictures of the timing gear for EJ-20-HELP!!!

pictures of the timing gear for EJ-20-HELP!!!

Here are the pictures of the EJ-20 timing gear. Anyone can assist me as to how to find one or repair this one? It has a fracture on the mounting face and slightly bent.

Attachments

• P1160129.JPG
    P1160129.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 0
  • P1160130.JPG
    P1160130.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 0
  • P1160131.JPG
    P1160131.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 0
Larry,
Did you have Subaru check the EJ20 turbo sprockets? The Impreza WRX is available with a turbocharged EJ20.

Yes, Don. The WRX didn't hit the US till 2000 or 2001. The sprockets are different and won't fit. I am trying to get a address for the JDM market resourse.

try www.car-parts.com and do a search, I did and it worked great, oh and do a yahoo search for JDM engines, that is how I got my geo 1.0L

For all these inquiries regarding the engine issues, car supplies and the liquids for car washing I usually apply at autoexpertguides.com, an online car products shop to get the most qualitative products. Do not hesitate to use the delivery service and the experts will provide you with all necessary information about car products in short time.