Welcome Mat

ToddP

Administrator
Staff member
Aircraft
Dominator Gyro / RV9
Total Flight Time
500 Hours
We have a new member that sent me a message saying that another forum he visits has a "Welcome Mat" category. It's a place where new members can introduce themselves to the group. As most know, I've worked pretty hard to keep the number of forums from getting out of hand but I thought this one was a great idea.

I would recommend that everyone who posts here list their real name and location as the title. Then just give us a little information on who you are and what you're up to.

We don't have to limit this to new members, so anyone that wants to offer up a little bio, here's the place.

You can Thank RotoTony for the Idea!

Ron,
Thanks for the kind words. There is a correction. My dad started flying gyros when I was a few months old. I was ridding my tricycle at fly-ins. I guess this makes me an old timer even though I am only 33.

Greetings! My name is Michael Richardson. I fly a Magni M16 at Margaret River Western Australia. What a fantastic aircraft! I have taken on an agency for Australia.
I would love to get hold of a video on Magnis flying but as far as I know, none exist. I have the video from S.Africa but that is more of a travelogue.

Ozzie said:
Greetings! My name is Michael Richardson. I fly a Magni M16 at Margaret River Western Australia. What a fantastic aircraft! I have taken on an agency for Australia.
I would love to get hold of a video on Magnis flying but as far as I know, none exist. I have the video from S.Africa but that is more of a travelogue.
Hi Michael.
Welcome to the Forum. I know I've seen videos of the Magni, so I'll hunt around and post some links for you when I locate them. When you said "I have taken on an agency for Australia", what does that mean? Are you becoming a Magni dealer? Just curious.

Cheers,
Brian Jackson

Another builder

Another builder

Greetings! I'm building a Pitbull and I'm looking for others that fly or are building Pitbulls. Mine is nearing completion and I would like to compare notes. I'm not computer literate enough to start my own web site and this one seems pretty good. I like the technical info so far and hope to get to Mentone to meet some of you and get more feed back so my project turns out better and safe to fly.

New Too

New Too

Hi, I'm Joe and I live in southwest Florida. I've been instersted in gyros for years but haven't been able to afford one. I did take rides in a couple of them and cought the bug. Now it looks like that might change and be able to buy a kit soon. So now I have a question for the readers. What brand of machine would be a good entry level ultralight version? I am a certified auto machanic so building one isn't a problem. But the job that brings home the bucks is being a network tech.

There is a grass strip airport about a mile away that allows these.

Here are the stats on 2 airports in the area:

This is the grass strip
Buchan Airport
FAA Identifier: X36
Lat/Long: 26-59-24.2900N / 082-22-26.4640W
26-59.404833N / 082-22.441067W
26.9900806 / -82.3740178
(estimated)
Elevation: 15 ft. / 5 m (estimated)
Variation: 02W (1985)

Venice Municipal Airport (this one can handle small jets)
Hard surface runway
FAA Identifier: VNC
Lat/Long: 27-04-17.8000N / 082-26-25.2000W
27-04.296667N / 082-26.420000W
27.0716111 / -82.4403333
(estimated)
Elevation: 18 ft. / 5.5 m (surveyed)
Variation: 02W (1990)
I've seen trikes fly from this airport so I think that ultralights mightbe ok here also, but I will call first.
Both airports are on the coast.

Thanks, Joe

Hey Joe, just got back from flying the gyro at Wauchula. If you can make it out there sometime (usually on Sundays) you can see a good selection of gyros. In the hanger we have an Air Command, Gyrobee, Dominator Ultrawhite, and a 2 place Dominator used for instruction. These above machines come highly recommended for a new pilot due to their stability.

The weekend of the 20th we are having our local chapter fly-in at Labelle. This would also be a good place to check some gyros out. Also Dave Seace will be there in his 2 place so you can go for a ride.

Anyway welcome aboard, and don't be afraid to ask questions.

helo to everyone, love this site.been flying about 8 hours. 2005 kb2 that I built. realy love it. just thought I would say hay

Tina,

Good move dumping the boyfriend! A girl has to have priorities.

Seriously though, I really hope you and your dad take your time with this decision. I've only been flying my gyro for a year, but there is no doubt in my mind that I did the right thing by going with gyros.

Great people, great sport, great comraderie. And in my opinion as safe, or safer than any other form of flight. And there's just no contest in the fun-factor category. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you guys to join us soon.

Hey Greg, we can get one more gyro in our hangar can't we?

Hey Joe, Feb 11/12, 2006 Big Fly-In at the Labelle Airport.
Low and Slow is hosting their fly-in the 12 Sunday, but Sunstate is hosting our Fly-In for Sat the 11th and Sun the 12, Feb 2006.
Come on out and visit with us and see the machines up close and get a ride in one.
Hope to see you then. MJ :)

I want that FUN factor

I want that FUN factor

RICK MARTIN said:
Tina,

Seriously though, I really hope you and your dad take your time with this decision. I've only been flying my gyro for a year, but there is no doubt in my mind that I did the right thing by going with gyros.

Great people, great sport, great comraderie. And in my opinion as safe, or safer than any other form of flight. And there's just no contest in the fun-factor category. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you guys to join us soon.

Hi Rick,

I think I convinced my Dad in keeping the Gyro.Talking and reading this forum and all the Gyro people has realy wanted me to pursue this more. I will do a few changes to this KB-2 and take it to AZ. to get a hang test with both me and my Dad also take more lessons this April then it off to fly.

Tina
Gyro newbie

dabkb2 said:
helo to everyone, love this site.been flying about 8 hours. 2005 kb2 that I built. realy love it. just thought I would say hay

Hi David,

I sent you a private message I want to hear from you. You live close and have a KB-2, we have to talk.

Tina:D :D
Gyro newbie

The Good OLE Days

The Good OLE Days

Hey , Ya know when I started to get into gyros I attended the many meetings and fly-ins that The Cincinnatti Chapter 40 in Ohio had back in the mid 80's. I can't say enough good things about that club. They had, at that time an parallel book on how to fly a gyro, it was similar to the Bensen Flight Manual. I read both books,and watched, talked to and listened to all of the veterans of the Ohio gyro club. The association with these wonderful people made it possible( in my opinion) for me to take my skills and their information( I watched them fly and asked them about their flying techniques) and I self taught myself to fly the auto gyro. As well , my one son also followed in my footsteps and successfully learned to fly his gyro. I am not recommending my way to begin to fly a gyro, but what I am attempting to say is that association with gyro clubs, and gyro pilots on a face to face level, is the best and only way to become a successful gyro pilot.

Last edited: