WEBER ENGINE MPE 750 turbo

Elusive

Hello folks,
I have for sale several brand new in the box WEBER MOTOR MPE 750 Turbo Marine - Closed Loop engines. They are ready to bolt on and run. I will convert few of them for aircraft application pushuer type, belt driven. It has 143 HP, but each one will be derated to 68 hp with 1:7 power to weight ratio. PM me for offers and pics.
Cheers!

I believe One of our guys tried one on a single place dominator .... not enough power.

Weber engines were going to be the next greatest big thing for cheap four stroke gyro engine power.... then Yamaha sled engines were discovered and it was like everyone who had interest in Webers suddenly dried up. I know Brent Brown fooled with one, not sure if he ever got it going

That’s the one that didn’t have enough power on a single place dominator

That’s the one that didn’t have enough power on a single place dominator

that weber engine makes 140hp and for 5 seconds on full throttle it make 160hp so if it did not enough power it was not running right.
I have one in my snowmobile and it drives this 2 place snowmobile me and my wife and great adventures and great speed and power.

I had one (750 non turbo) and put it on my single place Dominator, the problem was it only made about 71 horsepower and 350 lbs of static trust but added almost 70 lbs. Additional weight between being heavier than my 582 BH and all the mounting hardware, oil tank, etc.... believe me we did everything we could to make it work but the added weight penalty versus the small gain in HP did not give it enough to not be dangerous. I was running it through my C box with a clutch ( 2.65 reduction ) with a 66 inch Warp Drive 3 blade prop. The engine would redline At 8000 rpm. I have pictures of it installed, it looked great, just did not perform. Brent Brown has the engine and said he was going to put it on a striped down gyro and use a direct drive gear box (no clutch), but he works and travels a lot so I don't think he has got to it yet.

WIN_20180221_07_53_03_Pro.jpg

Attachments

• WIN_20180221_07_53_32_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20180221_07_53_32_Pro.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 45
  • WIN_20180221_07_53_16_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20180221_07_53_16_Pro.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 45
Hi All

One thing people do not realize about HP ratings is there is about a 15% correction factor added into the HP ratings tor temp, altitude, humidity, friction losses, ETC. so in the real world if your engine is rated at 100HP real HP is going to be 85 For example we dynoed a GM LT4 crate engine GMs rating is 650 HP. Right out of the box in there configuration was suppose to be 650 HP made 560 about 15% less than there rated HP. add in the 15% correction in and you get your 650 HP. Called GM performance tec line and told them our findings the guy said that we were not the first ones to call with the same results. we do real world HP testing this is what you are going to get just about every day. no corrections. The best one was the Guys 450HP 350CID $6000.00 stock car engine that made 195 HP.

Doug

I can’t see that because it gives out 120 and peak of 140 hp and total engine weight with radiator is 100 lbs
I was working with the non turbo Weber 750 which only puts out about 73 hp. Once you add everything to mount it you are about 65 lbs heavier than the Rotax 582 BH. Trust me, I wanted it to work.