Webber 750 engine

Sorry John.... I removed the picture because I did not want this to become an issue between competitors..... as that reduction I was showing is the product of a branch of Swiss Motor Engineering - "Aero Swiss Engine"

No problem, please remember we are not in Competition to anyone. We are not a dealer for this engine and our pure interest is to be a happy customer (of Weber) with a top preforming engine. We like to be helpful and this is why mentioning things to the forum readers, based on how to avoid costly drawbacks and disappointments.

John

Well I appreciate the clarification. I would of thought you both would be selling your redrives in competition with each other.

What is Rotortec's plan to market their products? Will you be selling complete craft only? Or will you be selling different parts from the setup such as the redrive as a seperate product?

What do you forsee as a path forward? Will you be designing different redrives on request which could help people with different applications aka myself!!!!?

Well finally found the address of "CTS automotive products". They are located at 1142 West Beardsley Avenue Elkhart, Indiana 46514. Have recieved a very nice reply to my inquiry about the connector and they have offered to give me the exact part number and manufacture if I supply them with a picture of the TPS along with tech number on the unit. Just sent that today. It looks like it is going to be manufactured by "DELPHI/PACKARD". I would not be suprised if the "P.E.D." initials on the connector might stand for "Packard Electronic Division"

Should have my answer in a day or two. Looked thru the "catalog " of Delphi/Packard and they make a zillion connectors AND pigtail repair parts!!!! These are sold thru a parts house and not directly by Delphi/ Packard. This may be a source for a number of the connectors on the Weber ???

Tony

Pictures

Pictures

Some Pictures for you on the double Belt system

John

Attachments

• weber (2).JPG
    weber (2).JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 0
  • weber (1).JPG
    weber (1).JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 0
always enjoy pictures.... actually just sent you an email John asking some questions.... Will the double belt be available with a US standard SAE II 4.75in or Rotax 101.6 (4in) only?

Weber Impressions

Weber Impressions

More Pictures as promised on the Weber and its final Installation.. Hope you like it as much as we do .. Please enjoy ..

John

Attachments

• weber engine (1).jpg
    weber engine (1).jpg
    138 KB · Views: 0
  • weber engine (2).jpg
    weber engine (2).jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 5
  • weber engine (3).jpg
    weber engine (3).jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 3
  • weber engine (4).jpg
    weber engine (4).jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 0
  • weber engine (5).jpg
    weber engine (5).jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 0
John,

Looks awesome!!! What is the final reduction ratio decided on the belt drive? 3:1?

There is no issue with the oil tank being below the motor? Where do you have the alternator hidden? I like how you just flipped the exhaust manifold to get the turbo rearranged... is there an additional support attached to the turbo or is the manifold bolts holding it only. Same goes for the intake, is additional support needed or are the manifold bolts adequate?

Last edited:
Oil Tank location

Oil Tank location

The oil tank is exact where Weber like to have it (Bottom of tank, same height as Bottom of Engine) The Redrive is 1:3,2 and one more Picture to show the alternato, hope you can find it under the Engine. The manifold will have a support (not installed) the Turbo is o.k. like this.

John

Attachments

• weber (2).JPG
    weber (2).JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 0
Thanks John,

Another question I see could be a headache or I may not be seeing it clearly.

On the reduction, is there a way to be assured you adjust the two top bearings carrying the shaft evenly? I see the stud and double nut to lock the bearings in place, I am just curious how you know that everything is running parallel.

John,
those are really good pictures.
Do you still use the plantary drive or are you switching to the belts?

Hey Mark

When you got your harness, did you get the "fuse block" with it ?? the salvage harness I got from Emersons had a relay/fuse block with it that I cut out of the harness and modified the base of the block just a little and it is going to be a perfect set up for my tractor. the ECU and the fuse block will mount on the right side on the inside of the cockpit with the bulkhead connector going thru the firewall, in fact after reading some more on the ECU, I am going to use 2 bulkhead connectors and split out the injectors wiring and the ignition coil wiring and shield these wires with braided shielding because in the info from Microsquirt they say these two sources can create a lot of flyback spike voltages ( up near 300 v) and induce distortion back into the ECU sensor readings. Wonder if the Subaru guys have thought of this ??? This could obviously screw up digital instruments, radio, and gps for starters. Really some good info reading on the Microsquirt forums and in the data from DIYAutotune . I also see the new ECU is out, they said it would be a little less, but it is a "little" more, about $30 but a whole lot more programming options (so they say).

Got a whole bunch of stuff coming to a point on the gyro, the wiring harness the motor mount the fuel pump the landing gear the firewall and before I can do any of this I have to stop and solid rivet the whole front section of the airframe so nothing can shift.

Been thinking about the idle air control valve , don't need any !! Think about how you start a regular aircraft engine, "mixture rich, crack the throttle and start the engine". On electronic fuel injection the computer makes the mixture rich on a cold engine, so manually crack the throttle and start it !! When the water get warm the mixture goes to normal set the throttle where you want it.

Tony

Tony,

I think I said that earlier about the IAC....

it is strictly there to adjust the air bypass around the throttle plates to allow the motor to run smoothly at idle when there is a change in air pressure (altitude) such as when snowmobiling in the mountains. The marine versions of the Weber have the IAC so you do not have to adjust the idle screw manually when you use the boat in different locations such as at sea level and then go up to the great lakes or Utah Lake...

As stated if you tune your motor to crank, warm up, and idle at the airport you plan to fly locally from which can be done with the idle adjustment screw on the throttle plate, then the IAC is only needed if you plan to use multiple airports to idle and warm up at different elevations.

Once you get in the throttle the IAC Valve is closed and the MAP sensors take control of the engine. And in an aircraft the throttle plates do not close again till you are sitting back at the airport safe and sound.

Last edited:
Tony
Yes,
I have the entire harness, from throttle grip warmers to tail lights.
Good to see you make some progress. The wind has been so high here from the south, that my shop is full of misquitoes. I will post more later, got to go to work.
Send me a PM on your redrive progess.

Still no word from Neil.... Anyone heard the latest?

Looks like he may end up having the drive I need.... SAE II Pattern Flange, 3 Gear (keeps left hand rotation on the prop), and 3 gear for maximum offset down of the engine to lower center of gravity. Sure wish we knew more details on timing... as I feel like I am quickly approaching my conversion date.

Last edited:
I was wondering the same thing. Tax season is over and I can play again. At least nights.

Does anybody Know if Neil made it through the earthquake, I have been following his redrive because he had said it was going to be suitable for a tractor design, and he thought it would be out by february, I know we can all be overly optomistic on our finish dates but I would like to hear how his progress is gettting along.

Hi Eric

Heard he was at Bensen Days but no word on the re-drive, am waiting here also.
Must be a glitch some where, he is a real perfectionist.

Tony