Webber 750 engine

Nice Installation

Nice Installation

I like the setup, I think it looks great. Have my doubt that this will work good.
We wait and see, please try and I wish you luck. I think the new 850 MPE will better for a Setup like this.. You missing the Balance on the crankshaft ??

John
Rotortec

I believe the problem is the copper and oil reacting somehow, I don't have firsthand knowledge but have been informed by others tha are more knowledgeable tthat copper and oil don't react well.

I'll look into that, but why the hell would they have used copper for the oil heat exchanger ? And how would it be worse aboard an aircraft ?

Oil Water Cooler Exchanger

Oil Water Cooler Exchanger

I'll look into that, but why the hell would they have used copper for the oil heat exchanger ? And how would it be worse aboard an aircraft ?

Hi Yellow Submarin,
You should compare cupper oil water cooler with ASE OIL WATER COOLER EXCHANGER in Your hands and with Your eyes ! And how they are manufacted. I do not know in which application oil water cooler made by cupper is used and why. In marine application they use bronze. In aviation water radiator or oil radiator are made by aluminum

www.swissmotorengineering.com
www.aeroshop.it

Attachments

• Webber 750 engine
    scan 032.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 2
ASE Engines

ASE Engines

I like the setup, I think it looks great. Have my doubt that this will work good.
We wait and see, please try and I wish you luck. I think the new 850 MPE will better for a Setup like this.. You missing the Balance on the crankshaft ??

John
Rotortec

Hi John,
there are more then a dozen aircraft flying with ASE Engines. And in flying schools too.
850 set up in progress.
If You need engineering cooperation or assistance, please contact www.swissmotorengineering.com

Hi

I don't doubt that their product is well manufactured, but that comes at a cost, and the main advantage of the Weber is its low price ...

Bronze can be used for its resistance to corrosion. For aluminium, it is a question of weight and cost.

A copper tube-shell heat exchanger is used as an oil cooler in most I/O marine power units. They use raw sea water and rarely fail.

Dino

750 na

750 na

Hi yellow_submarin
it costs, at the end, the same price of others engines, perhaps less.
How much cost a PRSU? And an exhaust? And all other parts required ?
If You have a 750 engine, buy or build just the required parts, and it is ready for flying. I think, 3000 USD are enought.

And about copper, please let me know what happen to welding if subject to normal vibriations. If in aviation aluminum is used, there is a why !

Hi

I don't doubt that their product is well manufactured, but that comes at a cost, and the main advantage of the Weber is its low price ...

Bronze can be used for its resistance to corrosion. For aluminium, it is a question of weight and cost.

Hello

I was just talking about the heat exchanger. It seems to me that is such parts (as well as the fuel injector rail) that are custom made while stock parts perform quite good, are not really necessary and increase the overall cost. As Dinoa says, the stock copper heat exchanger works well with sea water supply, so unless you can provide me with examples of failures, I will stick to what works and is cheaper.

Cyril

I got the mount done. I still need the right bolt I used what we had just to get it fitted. and 1" spacers will be made before the finale install. I'm very happy with it. I plan on making it fit the old 670 engine mount. I'm ordering the O2 wide band sensor to make sure it is running the right air to fuel. Pics will be posted when I get them.

just two more weeks.

I have a hydrospace engine with a flat crank. I'm using the stock flywheel cut down to fit inside the bolts. removed about 1/2 inch of the outer part of it. I have the redline bolt on stub staft that bolts on and sandwitch the flywheel between the it and a spacer to the crank . It is a real tight fit. The rotax bolts to the redline stub staft. right now I have 1" spacers for the gearbox plate to engine and think I could make that 3/4" if I wanted bu,t all the work is done now as is and fits. see image for parts used all weber stuff.

Attachments

• Webber 750 engine
    hydrospace-crank-drive.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Webber 750 engine
    mpe-750-na-atv-crankdrive.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 3
My C-box it has a flywheel in it to. so I'm feeling good with what I have as far as weighted flywheel.
If you look at the image with the flywheel, I cut it just inside the holes you can see. Part 13 was used too I cut the nose off of it and made it so part 12 stub staft in the other image fit tight on it just like it was the crank. I will have it all apart this week and will take pics to post. I hope this helps.

Mine is a little different in that mine is the one crankshaft on the SNO version. I get some time later I will post a picture of the adapter plate I had made.

Still pondering the flywheel.

It would be harder the get the flywheel on the type. how did you do that? I like my internal Mag you have a belt drive but you have 55 amp mine only 25 amp

Last edited:
Pics of the plate.

Attachments

• Webber 750 engine
    IMG00134-20140129-1607.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Webber 750 engine
    IMG00135-20140129-1608.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Webber 750 engine
    IMG00137-20140129-1610.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 4