weather in wauchula,

BUD ONEAL

Gold Member
Aircraft
Dominator
Total Flight Time
600+
:welcome:36 degerees here this morning,29 wind chill,I have been cold in florida before but this seems an extreme to me, and had to cet up and switch tanks on the camper heater! :Cry:

I'll trade you weather Bud, it's 16 degrees below zero here in Michigan now, 35 below zero with the wind chill! My truck really didn't want to start this morning. The driver door was frozen shut and I had to get in from the passenger side. I need to get some silicone to put on the door seals so that doesn't happen again. I'm sure someone from North Dakota or Wisconsin has weather that would make mine seem almost tropical!

My sister lives in Valley City, ND. forecast for tonight, 28*below. I live in southern Oregon, 30 miles from the coast, temp 32* at 7:30 AM., at the coast 52*.

Just a regular January here in East Icicle, Vermont. 10 below, 20 below, whatever.

But wintry temps in Wauchula? Harsh.

Brutal ! Absolutely brutal ! Why it's only 61 here in Deerfield Beach !

My sister lives in Valley City, ND. forecast for tonight, 28*below. I live in southern Oregon, 30 miles from the coast, temp 32* at 7:30 AM., at the coast 52*.
My Grand Parents and Dad are from ND and I remember their stories of the harsh, wicked, violent, bitter cold or what ever similar verb you can come up with will likely describe some of the winters in ND.

Well it's 64 here and we consider that cold here because an overcast has come in.:Cry:

the temps dropped in south florida from 81 to 45 and its blowin pretty good. long johns, ski hat and gloves feel pretty nice. electric heat to take the chill off in the house. :wave:

I got a call this morning for a frozen water main & talked my way out of that. I got another call earlier for a clogged sewer & told them to call the city. They plunge the building trap for free. They said they were(their side) was clear. So I walked three blocks to see what was going on. I was happy to see it was just an overzealous tenant with a small puddle on the floor. No blockage...easy money ! I was happy for the excersize ! Damn cold though !

I hope you all have natural gas heat !

Still overcast here so it's only 66 now and 70 inside the house with all our windows open.

Few are wearing shorts today and if you are in the shade we need a sweater.

Still overcast here so it's only 66 now and 70 inside the house with all our windows open.

Few are wearing shorts today and if you are in the shade we need a sweater.

Softie...

However I grew up and lived in Houston until the late 1980's... One could count on one hand the nights below freezing... and some years none.

I am glad it did not freeze at Wauchula... I like my fresh Florida OJ... I would hate for the orange orchards to get frozen.

Here in not-so-hot-lanta... I recorded 5* at dawn at my home (Norcross is a suburb NE of the city off I-85). I have lived in the are for 23 years, this is the coldest temps I have seen. The high for Monday was recorded at 12:01 AM, at 45*... it went down from there. The high Monday afternoon was 24*, and the low Tuesday morning was 5*. Got as high as 27 or 28 this afternoon, now at around 10 PM it is 22*... headed down into the mid/upper teens for tonite. Wednesday supposed to get to maybe 40+...

I hope this is the only really COLD spell this winter... I do not mind mid-upper 20's... I do not like teens or lower.

One positive... I ran a little over a dozen 'no heat' calls over the last 2 days... made some nice $$$... :)

Yes, we hear about the recent US cold wave on the news over here in Europe. In Austria, where I live, we have nice and warm weather for the season (highs up between 45 and 50, lows in the high 30's) but the winter isn't over yet.

I sure hope that Wauchula is going to improve on their weather by the time I am at BD, though!

-- Chris.

One positive... I ran a little over a dozen 'no heat' calls over the last 2 days... made some nice $$$... :)

The breaker for the electric backup was turned off ?

18* right now and it feels like a heat wave!

The breaker for the electric backup was turned off ?

Yeah... every now and then it is that simple... not much though.

The last call last night... HP with elec back-up, townhome, zoned 2 levels. Elec backup was not cycling... the overheat safety was out. YET: The disconnect was trashed and bypassed, the low volts wiring was a rats nest, and the filter looked like carpet.

Guy paid me for 2 hours of repairs and a pack of filters... his neglect cost him dearly... after hours rate... :(

Many of the calls were 90%+ furnaces... where the condensate drain froze. In our area, it is against code to run the condensate drain into the sewer... so it has to be dumped outside. Where it goes out... will freeze shut if the temps get to the lower teens (I recorded 5* at my home Tues morning, a record for me in the 23 years in the Atlanta area). I have some customers who have some creative solutions... :)

A few more today and we will be more or less back to normal.

OTOH... govts and their screw-ups. Seems there was some kind of road work going on... a 24" water main was exposed to the weather (dug up). Geyser blowing water 80' into the air... soaking a power pole, lines, X-formers, trees, roads, a house got soaked, etc... And of course it is all freezing. Heard about it on the radio this morning...

http://www.wistv.com/story/24392293/water-shoots-skyward-after-pipe-burst-on-tilly-mill-road

Traveled down I-57 this morning to pick up a truck load of cherry wood. It looked like a drive thru junk yard. Cars and trucks with just their roofs showing as the drifts swallowed them up. Probably were some cars completely buried.

If my Helicycle could handle a thousand pound sling load, I would consider it.

What fuel do you use for heat ?

98% efficient natural gas fired forced air....

Now If I could just trap some of that hot air in our nations capital I could heat the house for free :drum:

Heck if I could do that I could heat the whole state :first:

Last edited: