We Dropped A Dead Guy Out Of An Aircraft Into The Woods Today......(Photos)

barnstorm2

Platinum Member
Aircraft
2-place Air Command CLT SxS (project), & Twinstarr Autogyro
Total Flight Time
750+hrs and climbing
Warning: Large Photos.
Wait for photos to load before scrolling down.​

My friend Rick designed an ash disposal bag that can be operated from
the cockpit.

Today, he flew Connie's SkyBoy over the wooded land of a friend's father, to carry out his wish, of having his ashes scattered over woods on his land.

I took photos from my Twinstarr Gyroplane.

Complete Collection Of Photos here:

http://flickr.com/photos/25426430@N05/sets/72157613526011064/

Some shots:

We started the morning with a test run. We used a bag of sugar over a field.

The cealing was low but had started lifting by the time we were on the way back.

3264396257_ab278ea60a_b.jpg

3264396837_38c995dbc1_b.jpg

3264397167_8f61663d51_b.jpg

3264397535_413002a1b4_b.jpg

3264398541_ee3ec5a349_b.jpg

3265224130_42a6f960e9_b.jpg

3264399553_a34e92e15a_b.jpg

3265225422_226c0c20f3_b.jpg

__._,_.___

Last edited:
Althought it was warm today there were still some neat ice formations to see from the air.

3265225988_e0557831d4_b.jpg

Here is the release

3265226636_3c6822d0b6_o.jpg

3265227414_0d54535b90_b.jpg

3265228530_f58e34586f_b.jpg

3264406751_1600f5b376_b.jpg

3264407059_343dc47368_o.jpg

3265233594_8a0fbbbfee_b.jpg

3264409517_7fce6957e0_b.jpg

This is the last one.

3265235758_9549612b58_b.jpg

Thanks for viewing my photos!!

Okay
kinda creepy in a way..... but cool photos, and one nice looking FW

Good he got back to where he wanted to be.

Nice looking plane Tim, glad you and Connie are enjoying her.

As always love your pics.

Nice pics, TIm. Thanks for sharing them with us.
Your TwinStarr sure must be a smooth flyer, the pics are always razor sharp.
A guy makes a pretty good puff o' dust.
I think I'd rather feed the crabs.
When I go, I request you drop me like a torpedo out in the Atlantic. Please post pics.

Okay
kinda creepy in a way..... but cool photos, and one nice looking FW

Thanks!

Good he got back to where he wanted to be.

Nice looking plane Tim, glad you and Connie are enjoying her.

As always love your pics.

Yes, I was happy to be a part of it. Thanks!

Nice pics, TIm. Thanks for sharing them with us.
Your TwinStarr sure must be a smooth flyer, the pics are always razor sharp.
A guy makes a pretty good puff o' dust.
I think I'd rather feed the crabs.
When I go, I request you drop me like a torpedo out in the Atlantic. Please post pics.

That sounds like an interesting challenge.

1. You had best inform your in-laws and kin so I don't have to steal your body in the middle of the night. :rip: Also, make sure you are well embalmed as it might take awhile to plan my vacation days..

2. Weight and balance was easy on the ashes. It only moved the CG back 1 inch. On a cadaver that might be a bit more tricky.

3. I will have to make sure a cadaver does not count as a passinger by the FAA. Connie's plane is an LSA and limited to 2.

4. We would have to fly far enough out to get into international waters. Otherwise I think there are legal disposal issues.

Pictures... no problem.

I always figured they could mix my remains with some racing gas and run me through a dragster motor.

I would suggest going up a jet size or two.. and removing the fuel filter..

That's what I was thinking Tim, making smoke!
Did the family get to observe it, hope it comforted them.

PS:
Nice ride Tim!!!

Great pics, glad it worked out well. looked like a smoke system.
I think that's a great smoke system, just refill the bag from the Bar-B-Q. I think that was a great way to make a final flight. I poured my brother's cremains out the window of a car on the Hopi Reservation....ashes to ashes, and dust to dust. Right on man.

That ash drop apparatus is a neat idea. Looks like it worked better than my attempts. On my first attempt I had three grieving passengers who each wanted to share the spreading from their windows. I don’t think I ever got all the ash out of the plane.

My Father in Law was an old school race car driver starting in the old NASCAR. He took up Mini Stock Racing after being retired for 20+ years and having the time of his life when he had a heart attack in the middle of a race. His last stunt was a spinning circle in front of the grand stands till both his and his cars death. The owners of the track allowed us to have his funeral at the track and allowed us to drive his car around the track spreading his ashes. Spreading the ashes sets closure for the family. It was a nice thing you did Tim, I hope it will give the family closure and good memories.

I did the same thing Tim, with my mothers ashes after she passed away and was cremated. Altho I used a 172 Cessna the outcome wasn't as flawless as yours, it got the request done.

To me there is nothing more sacred than to complete a persons very last request.

As usual great pics

Thanks for sharing..

Great pics, glad it worked out well. looked like a smoke system.

Thanks! Yes, and I supposed you could drop a variety of colors...

That's what I was thinking Tim, making smoke!
Did the family get to observe it, hope it comforted them.

PS:
Nice ride Tim!!!

Thank you! Yes, the family was in an adjacent field.

I think that's a great smoke system, just refill the bag from the Bar-B-Q. I think that was a great way to make a final flight. I poured my brother's cremains out the window of a car on the Hopi Reservation....ashes to ashes, and dust to dust. Right on man.

It was a very cool opportunity! It sounds like you did right by your brother.

The ants in that field where the test drop occurred are really going to enjoy that sugar from above.

Good point.

That gives me an idea. Perhaps (after it's cleaned of course) the drop system could be used for candy drops and flour bombing?

Anyone know where I can get a surplus Norton bomb site?

I did the same thing Tim, with my mothers ashes after she passed away and was cremated. Altho I used a 172 Cessna the outcome wasn't as flawless as yours, it got the request done.

To me there is nothing more sacred than to complete a persons very last request.

As usual great pics

Thanks for sharing..

Thanks Steve. A local pilot has a drop-bag system for tractor aircraft. If you are interested let me know and i will see if I can get some photos of it.

That is a SWEET plane!

Thanks! I will pass it on to Connie.

I want to be shot out of a cannon!

Before or after you pass on?

That ash drop apparatus is a neat idea. Looks like it worked better than my attempts. On my first attempt I had three grieving passengers who each wanted to share the spreading from their windows. I don’t think I ever got all the ash out of the plane.

My Father in Law was an old school race car driver starting in the old NASCAR. He took up Mini Stock Racing after being retired for 20+ years and having the time of his life when he had a heart attack in the middle of a race. His last stunt was a spinning circle in front of the grand stands till both his and his cars death. The owners of the track allowed us to have his funeral at the track and allowed us to drive his car around the track spreading his ashes. Spreading the ashes sets closure for the family. It was a nice thing you did Tim, I hope it will give the family closure and good memories.

Wow that is something. I think they did get closure. Thank you.