Watch this guy flying the Jetson ...

BEN S

Aircraft
Sportcopter Vortex
Total Flight Time
300+

This is in my mind a really stupid design from a safety standpoint, but now they are posting themselves breaking tons of general aviation regs.Which is really stupid too.
And here we have the ADM of an obviously untrained "pilot" flying UNDER wires but going over tree top level with no guards on his face level blades.
Only thing smart here is they will make money hand over fist and as soon as the Rappers discover these instead of a Lambo they will be rich as Midas.
Now imagine a world full of these driven by the same idiots you yelled at on your last drive on the highway....

I was hoping someone who lives in or is familiar w/ Italian aviation regs could chime in re: flying this way over the countryside.

I thought it was US. My bad.
The rest of my comment applies though.

It said it was a first time commute to work (just about everyone's initial dream about getting an aircraft).
Then, reality sets in, destroying that idea, after learning about regs, airspace, weather & daytime/nighttime flying, etc.

Twenty minutes of flight time might also be an issue...
"But hey, you can probably go pick up a bottle of chianti from the neighbor."

It would be handy when I'm on my yacht and I want to visit my buddy on his yacht without having to wait for the chopper to warm up. Just zip over to his helipad on my Jetson.

Can they fly themselves yet? We could send it to town for a beer run without having to pull out the tender.

(Sorry, champagne run, not beer. After all, we're on our yachts!)

Eric

It would be handy when I'm on my yacht and I want to visit my buddy on his yacht without having to wait for the chopper to warm up. Just zip over to his helipad on my Jetson.

Can they fly themselves yet? We could send it to town for a beer run without having to pull out the tender.

(Sorry, champagne run, not beer. After all, we're on our yachts!)
But you're going to have to pull out LOTS of legal tender... ☺️

Last edited:
I was just looking at the "Helicycle" site and they will set you back about $70k for a kit without instruments and accessories.
After building it and having it qualified (They say a 5 day process at the shop) you will have a 100 mile range at 13 gallons per hour.
That's about $75 in fuel for a one hour flight. Not including the maintenance costs for keeping all the fussy parts in line and rebuilding the short time turbine engine....
The range and flight time may be limited on the Jetzon, but the operational costs are basically almost nothing compared to a helicopter.
At this point it's basically a jet ski for the air, but as the batteries get better, this concept will eventually become very viable.

There is some redundancy still being able to fly with a motor out and a ballistic parachute back up. I agree it will be available to anyone who can afford it. The advancement of drones allowed everyone to be able to fly them, the same technology applies here which is a concern. It's still exciting and I would love one. Hadn't considered VRS still being an issue.

How about one of these at full scale?