Wanted- UH-1 Huey body for static display

Ben Harrison

Looking for a body off an old huey for static display only. This is for a friend of mine. Any info welcomed. Ben Harrison

Steve_UK

Aircraft
I'm not a pilot but have been lucky enough to fly in Mi-24 Hind, Mi-2, Mi-17, Lynx HAS3, Gliders, GA
Maybe Melbourne FL - I saw a list of many dozen UH-1 retired airframes there a couple of years ago.

I understand the best get re-built and sold onto to othern nations, with others being used as "donors" - ie you might be able to accquire a stripped out gutted airframe.

Be interested to hear if there's any mileage in this.

NoWingsAttached

Unobtainium Member
Aircraft
Air Command Tandem w/ Arrow 100hp; GyroBee w/ Hirth 65hp; Air Command Tandem w/ Yamaha 150hp
Total Flight Time
>350
Send a message to HYDROGYRO on here. There is an airport near him on the gulf coast in the FLA panhandle where he and I trained with Desmond Butts together that has a dozen hueys sittin around. I can't recall the name of the airport, but it is in the same city where the Blue Angels train, wherever that is. (Old age is takin its toll on my memory)

tonyutset

Wrench
Okeechobee Fl. (weekends / Miami during the week)
Aircraft
Beechcraft Sundowner / Flightstar II Ultralight / Air Command Commander, soon to be CLT.
Total Flight Time
500 Plus Fixed-Wing, 50 Plus Helicopter (EC-120 / Bell-47) 20 or so Gyrocopter
All the Okeechobee County Commission, ask for Brian Colepepper. He got one donated last year for the County Memorial Park. It's on display in Okeechobee now, very nice, has all windows and rotor blades.

I don't have his number.