Wanted and Info

barnstorm2

Platinum Member
Aircraft
2-place Air Command CLT SxS (project), & Twinstarr Autogyro
Total Flight Time
750+hrs and climbing
Here are some photos of Air Command tail wheels.

I would like to put something like this on my AC 2-place

Can any tell me if these are fabricated or if I can buy these from a mfg?

Thanks!

Attachments

• mikeduelwheels.jpg
    mikeduelwheels.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC01019.jpg
    DSC01019.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 0
Another pic

Attachments

• tailwheel1.jpg
    tailwheel1.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 0
Try Northern Tool. It looks like a regular plastic wheel with a tire and tube. It looks like it is held on with bent into position aluminum cheek plates. Simple.

The one pic looks like a set of rollerblade wheels side by side. The other looks like a 250x4 nose wheel put on the tail.

I have the dual roller blade wheels on my Bensen. They work great, cheap, you can get different hardness' plus the come in HOT COLORS!
Some poor kid in the neighborhood is missing 2 wheeels off his skates!

Scooter wheels are pretty cool too, a little bigger than rollerblade wheels. Available anywhere finer recreational supplies are sold. :p

I also use the rollerblade wheels on my single place Air Command. They work great, except when you try to push your gyro backwards on grass. Easy to find, and cheap to boot!

I have the scooter wheels on my Air Command....they are larger than the skate wheels. The scooter wheels are approx 100mm where the skate wheels range from 72-80mm.

They work really well and should last a long time if you compare the use they get on the gyro to the miles they are ridden on scooters and skates.

Mike Gaspard put the skate wheels on his Benson as it requires a little smaller wheel unless you modify the bracket.

Mike be sure to keep us posted on your progress with the new Bensen.:D