want to buy 2 giros to restore them ?

barnstorm2

Platinum Member
Aircraft
2-place Air Command CLT SxS (project), & Twinstarr Autogyro
Total Flight Time
750+hrs and climbing
I love the mod look of the designs, pity they are such a dangerous design.

Not sure what could be recovered other then instraments and the prop.

One thing I really like is the engine start puller through the front dash! That is pretty cool. I would have loved to have that on my Rotax Air Command. That way you could start the engine while strapped in the seat!

I am kinda shocked that they have $1000 on them!

Attachments

• DashPull.jpg
    DashPull.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 0

BUD ONEAL

Gold Member
Aircraft
Dominator
Total Flight Time
600+
I don't know for sure the name of the blue gyro. It was supposed to be anfib. but I don't know for sure if it was ever flew from the water or not. Bill Tarpley flew it from the runway at Okeechobee, Fl. a bunch of years ago and other than blowing a plug he reported that it flew well. It had a mac on it at the time.

BUD ONEAL

Gold Member
Aircraft
Dominator
Total Flight Time
600+
Sorry I cannot be color blind but I ment the "red" one.I believe that it was called a "Yuma Copter" but not for sure.

gyroplanes

FAA DAR Gyropilot
Aircraft
(1) Air Command, (1) Barnett, (1) Air Command 2 place kit, (1) Sycamore gyro
Total Flight Time
Hey Bud,
How does Youmer copter sound? I remember it as being yellow and a little different, it did have the faired in struts however.

I thought someone flew the Youmercopter and said it was awful. Chuck B. probably remembers this. (heck, he may have even been the pilot)

scottessex

Sling-Wing Pilot
Aircraft
Dominator 582
Total Flight Time
200+
GADS! What a P.O.S! But hey it looks like they are only about 20 minutes from here, it might be worth going to look at, like going to a circus side show!

I don't know for sure the name of the blue gyro. It was supposed to be anfib. but I don't know for sure if it was ever flew from the water or not. Bill Tarpley flew it from the runway at Okeechobee, Fl. a bunch of years ago and other than blowing a plug he reported that it flew well. It had a mac on it at the time.

Hmmmm, looks more like He built a boat trailer into some sort of airframe,,

Maybe I could pick up one of them high performance airplanes there too.!

BUD ONEAL

Gold Member
Aircraft
Dominator
Total Flight Time
600+
Tom,
You are right,youmer copter was the name,Bill Tarpley flew it at okeechobee,I don't remember the year. And you are right again,it was yellow.
I have no idea how it flared,maybe he flew it to the ground.He only went around the patch once when the plug blew.
Tom did it ever fly off the water?

BUD ONEAL

Gold Member
Aircraft
Dominator
Total Flight Time
600+
Tom,
You are right,youmer copter was the name,Bill Tarpley flew it at okeechobee,I don't remember the year. And you are right again,it was yellow.
I have no idea how it flared,maybe he flew it to the ground.He only went around the patch once when the plug blew.
Tom did it ever fly off the water?
Bud

BUD ONEAL

Gold Member
Aircraft
Dominator
Total Flight Time
600+
He must of had a rotax on at one time because the VW would be pretty hard to start with the pull rope!

Gyro28866

David McCutchen
Aircraft
Benson B7m & B8m, Dominator II; Kolb Mark III Classic
Total Flight Time
750 combined FW & Gyro
Wow.
10 year old post

gyroplanes

FAA DAR Gyropilot
Aircraft
(1) Air Command, (1) Barnett, (1) Air Command 2 place kit, (1) Sycamore gyro
Total Flight Time
No wonder the link was gone.
DOK 49, be proud of your father. The Youmer copter made quite a stir in the gyro community back in the day. The Youmer copter design was revolutionary and desirable to most. The test pilot was not pleased with the handling. There were quite a few radical looking gyro designs back them, most did not fly as good as they looked.
Can you tell us where the Youmer copter name came from?