Vtol gyroplane

hillberg

I built my first machine in my apartment,brothers garage,then at a later time did I get a hangar,Got to think out side the box.....

Rotor Rooter

Dave Jackson
Christian,

Yes - but;

If you have a patent application then you can generate more interest from outsiders who might be willing to invest. In addition, the further advanced your project is means that your cost of obtaining outside money is lower (in terms of the percentage of equity given up).

Dave

FRENCHCORSAIR

Don't do some mistake. I build my first ultralight in a car garage...
And when I patent my launcher and rotor head, I made the design public...
I continue !
Thanks

BobK

Aircraft
in my design dreams
Total Flight Time
Almost gave up ... and disclaimer

Almost gave up ... and disclaimer

I would be able to build with half or less, but it's like the 30's and Pitcartin couldn't make it with something that was proven.
I just want to make the airframe two lifting arches with Birotor inflateable parafoil blades on air bering/maglev hubs.
Think I could get one email or offer to build?
This is almost as if an inventor might never even bother think about it if he isn't a businessman & doesn't have a kickass website and a killer BP. I'd be happy to see one just built, that would leave me more info to design the flight control and another innovation the FTDFCS based on multiple (iPhones?) PDA apps.

Everybody needs a little luck. I tried Richard Branson's PitchTV & have not heard back in months. Ya think at least he likes flying he'd be a little interested in an seventyfive pound airbike?
Gave up on the thinkin part & gonna go make a kite (a rotary kite:rolleyes:).

'Notin up my sleve!' - but didnot see the web page listed on the bottom of the picture. This is also a disclaimer that I have never went to the website nor do I promote any web site other than this one:hail:

Wait wait I hear it now:violin: but wait

it's just an idea, not a Phd. thesis from Penn St. (although they do have a rotocraft program & the government does pay for school...Hhhmmmm take out a loan at 54yo knowing I'll never pay it off till way way after SSI, is the cat outa the bag:noidea:)

Attachments

• Heli-Chute_CAD_Atair.jpg
    Heli-Chute_CAD_Atair.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 0
  • HeaRocky_Again.jpg
    HeaRocky_Again.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 0

PW_Plack

Most investors have much less information on the invention than the inventor, so they have to make risk-based assessments.

At each stage of development, some risk is removed from the process, and the value of the investment to serious investors can rise dramatically. Generally, there are only two ways to get investors on board at an early, high-risk phase: (1) Give them majority stake and control, or (2) Exploit emotion.

With few exceptions, LSA-class gyroplanes have never represented a well-developed opportunity.

When I used to produce a weekly radio program tracking resource industry companies, there were probably a hundred mining exploration companies formed for every one that ever made any money. The phrase "selling shares in a gold mine" is a common metaphor for defrauding someone.

The first step in these companies was always to raise enough money for geological research on the property. If a qualified, third-party consulting firm verifies a concentration of minerals high enough to predict a return on investment, it is not uncommon to see these stocks go from a few cents to a dollar the day the report is released. The only thing capping the value is the next layer of risk involving the politics of the permitting and environmental processes, access to roads for trucks, power, etc.

That initial jump in the value, however, would allow raising money from a new round of more cautious investors to fund the hard costs of developing the property and putting it into production.

In the case of a new aviation idea, it's difficult for the investor to evaluate the value of your idea without a patent. It's like buying a house with no evidence the seller owns it. If the idea is commercially viable, the expense in getting a patent will be a small fraction of the increase gained in the value of the idea.

It's also possible to pitch excited, rich people who will write checks without due diligence. This seems to be the path of choice for many gyroplane-related ventures, and may be the only choice in the first phase of development. But it's kinda like proposing marriage to a redhead. You may achieve short-term goals at a cost of life-long drama.

Last edited:

PW_Plack

...After the filing of the patent, I have only 20 years to be alone to build this VTOL gyroplane...

Christian, the patent will be of more value in obtaining the funding than it will in preserving long-term marketplace exclusivity. Most parts of most gyroplanes are old ideas. The way to discourage competitors is to grow big enough that the notion of competing with you becomes unattractive.

If you only have 20 years of protection, base financial projections on that assumption.

Most inventors are far better off selling their inventions to others for production because it pays off immediately, and allows them to return to what they're good at - inventing. So patent it, and raise more money to get it flying. Then, either sell it outright, and let someone else manage the risks of defending the patent for the remainder of its term, or license it to other companies, as Carter Aviation Technology has done.

In the resource and mining industries, one important measure of risk for investors is the track record of the company's executive team. Similarly, an idea being managed by an inventor may be worth far less to investors than an idea being managed by a proven manager.

Last edited:

BobK

Aircraft
in my design dreams
Total Flight Time
Thanks Paul now you tell me. I've been married to the same redhead for 26yrs, but she asked me.

Last edited:

FRENCHCORSAIR

Hi everybody !
Thanks fo the message, with humour or not !
Since yesterday, I find the money to build the RC model of the VTOL giroplane and start to
build it.
I hope it fly in some weeks !

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrs, RAF 2000/Mgni/Bnsn/Hrnet/Mrlin/Crckt/MT-03/Lyzlle AV18-A/Prdtor. Pax ArrowCopter
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
But if you make a model with your ideas Corsair, is this not showing others how you propose to proceed but without protection?

As for redheads Paul, I have had the drama with a brunette. The idea that it would have been worse with a red head makes me feel very lucky.

FRENCHCORSAIR

HI everybody !
With the money I receive for the RC model of VTOL giroplane, I patente all the process.
So I have now no problem and hope that somebody will be interested by the real VTOL giroplane...
Waiting the first video of the first fly...

BobK

Aircraft
in my design dreams
Total Flight Time
The best way to spell it Autogiro. But how do you get money 'out' of a model?

BobK

Aircraft
in my design dreams
Total Flight Time
That is VERY auesome! It's sorta like music, find the right blend of sounds & the band's a hit.

"I just haven't met that dude, man" - Tommy Chong

FRENCHCORSAIR

Some news...
First pictures of the RC model for sathurday 6th or sonday 7th of november...
I hope that will enjoy everybody !
Good flight to everybody !

FRENCHCORSAIR

Last news (before first fly ???) ....

I have finished the special prelauncher today... after some weeks of mechanicals problems....

I hope now to finished the assembly (body is finished, rotor is finished, prelauncher is finished and I buy the radio control)...

So wait and see...

Chris

FRENCHCORSAIR

After around 70 vertical take off of my VTOL Gyro, a friend realise for me a rotor head in his industrial company, to replace my handcraft rotor head...
Show must go on !
Christian