Heron

Platinum Member
Aircraft
Golden Butterfly
Total Flight Time
7.5 h.
Hey guys!
Get up and go vote . . .we need it!
It is the most important election in the world, so . . .you better do it right!
thanks
Heron

Thanks Heron

Someone needs to remind us to go vote. You are right it is important. So Guys please vote today. Exercise your right to make a change if necessary or keep the incumbent in.

It's not only a right, it's a privilage. I got my sticker - "I Voted Today" - and am wearing it. Things may not turn out the way I voted, but I made my voice heard, without fear of being shot. GO VOTE!!!!

I didn't get a sticker!! I was in when they opened and they didn't have box open. I voted the "anti-bleeding-heart-tree hugger-vegitarian-activist" ticket also known as the "I fought for these right and I'll be damned if you can take them away" ticket.

The Tribe has spoken! (as per Ron A)
One thing sure can come out of it: HOPE!
Hope that the Reps will get the message!
Hope that the Dems can do a better job!
God bless America and all my friend there!
November 14th I will be interviewed for a visa, I will be sad if denied!
thanks
Heron

Heron

The last two year of an incumbent with two terms is normally the winner going to the other party. It happened to clinton and now bush. This gridlock as someone said is good politics. Both parties will have to work with each other now to get something done. Yes I did vote yesterday.

Rumsfeld out!
WE need to take a deeper look in to this guy's carrier, don't let him fade away, he knows more thant we do.
My guess (uneducated) is that Clinton prepared the road for Dr.Evil to do his part . . .all a big plot.
Funny thing is that been the Reps more liberal in business, other groups were formed during Bush's terms, now lets see the Dem get all those deals back.
The country will and is suffering.
It's a big mess.
I still HOPE!!
Heron

USA a mess

USA a mess

(Snipped unproductive rantings--rcp)
The country will and is suffering.
It's a big mess.
I still HOPE!!
Heron

The USA is a mess. Yep. It sure is. (I don't see a smirk smilie)
So much so we're talking about building a wall to keep people out!

Tony Blair about the USA "I am not surprised by anti-Americanism; but it is a foolish indulgence. For all their faults and all nations have them, the US are a force for good; they have liberal and democratic traditions of which any nation can be proud. I sometimes think it is a good rule of thumb to ask of a country: are people trying to get into it or out of it? It's not a bad guide to what sort of country it is."

A number of Hollywood types said they were going to leave the country when Bush was elected. They didn't. Many private citizens offered to buy the Hollywood types plane tickets. They still wouldn't go. Today those same people are richer than they were the day Bush was sworn in as the 43rd president. OH! The Humanity! They have suffered so! NOT!!!!!!

Commentator George Will: "Most of all, America passes the critical gate test. Open the gate and see where people go — in or out. This is still the country people flock to."

Heron how many times have you been to the USA and why?
Hmmmm?
If it were so much a mess and I were you....I wouldn't set foot.
Let's put this in perspective.
I've been around this world and back. It is still the best country on the face of this globe ...in my opinion.
This is not Eden, Nirvana or any other utopia....
We are trying to make it better. Show me someone that does not make mistakes and I'll show you that person does nothing.
I am much better off today than I was as a child.

Why are you so down on the USA?

Last edited:
As a Person who served in Iraq and other parts around the world I will stick up for Bush and Reps...However not perfect but I've seen with my own eyes that the people in Iraq likes us being there...Don't let the news fool you....If you don't like this country get the hell out or don't come...I served this country for a long time and people take it for granted....

We defended their right to Free Speech, we can't really down them for exercising it. They have to remember that only do we have that right also, some of us earned it.
Ray, you need the ending to Tony Blair's speech to the EU. I don't have it infront of me so I can only paraphrase "No one has done more to protect your rights and freedoms than THE AMERICAN SOLDIER".

gyronutt,

Didn't get to see you last time down in N.O. because Iwas so long at the doctors office.

Anwy I see that you guys only gonna have one tax assessor now.

I guess they wanted all those assessors to tax you to death on nuthing.

Get your guns now before the Dems impose anymore firearm bans.

I just bought a Ruger P90 simiauto and gonna get a Remington 870 street sweeper this weekend at the gun show.

Man, it's gotta be scarry living down there.

I just had a fool break through my bedroom window last week here so it must be gettin bad anywhere in South Louisiana.

I'm gonna be over there again on Friday the 17th for more injections in my back.

Maybe I will vote with my old school ID.

I'm not happy with the war in Iraq, but I, for one, will really miss watching Donald Rumsfeld at press conferences. In a room full of ignorant reporters asking ridiculous questions, it was a joy to watch him work!

He was picked for the job because his ideas were aligned with his boss, so you can't blame him for the policies. He wanted very much to streamline the armed forces, had the courage to take on the entrenched brass, and he still survived for six years in the job!

He's been a US Congressman, a US Navy aviator and flight instructor, corporate CEO and served several presidents.

Heron, I don't think we'll have to worry about him "fading away". On September 11th, 2001, when he was at the Pentagon right after the plane hit, his young military bodyguards couldn't keep up with him, and he was 70 years old!

I hope he enjoys some retirement now, but I can't see him sitting in a rocking chair, polishing his Presidential Medal of Freedom.

Ray:
I went to the US for many reasons
I can
I am free
I wanted
I have been culturalised by that country
21 times and I will go back if they let me
When I was not seeking permanent residence I could go back and forth, having the best of both worlds and not missing a thing.
If it pleases you, this country here is more messed up, but little can you do so why bother? Still I send info everytime I think is important for my friends to know.
Been defensive dont help our case, which is making the US better for all!
People wanna enter because:
MOney
security from persecution
culture
pay back
other
Take the money out and people will go somewhere else . . .
I am frustrated by things I could not find and things I took for granted (was sold out on them) but it is a nice country I would not go live anywhere else.
I will return for visits or if I need some more money, work for another year and get things going to help gyros and gyronuts.
Rumsfeld is involved in the plot since Reagan when Bush the Elder was CIA director, Clinton was a bump in the road (maybe not)
But you don't really want to know, a whole in the sand is more confortable.
From my point of view (very educated) it is all good and amazing forces working to create all this fireworks.
Don't feel bad for not so good moments in your history, your county (mine too) is one of the greatest.
MOdern times will give every nation, less time to be on top . . .use to be centuries and now it is decades.
US have done me good and I recomend to all! It is a worthy experience!
There are americans not worth that name.
What else? :D
God bless you and your country . . .
Lets get the dirt from under the rug . . .
Heron

Heron,

When you tell us that someone is not worthy to be called an American, do you even know who you're talking about?

A partial resume of Donald Rumfeld:

U.S. Navy (1954-57): Aviator and flight instructor
Naval service, flying and administrative assignments, drilling reservist (until 1975)
Secretary of Defense in (1975)
US Congress, Illinois (1962, age 30; Re-elected 1964, 1966, 1968)
Director of the Office of Economic Opportunity and Assistant to the President (1969 to 1970)
Counsellor to the President and Director of the Economic Stabilization Program (1971 to 1972)
US Ambassador to NATO, Brussels, Belgium (1973-1974)
White House Chief of Staff (Gerald Ford) (1974-1975)
13th US Secretary of Defense, youngest in history (1975-1977)

CEO, President, then Chairman of G.D. Searle & Co. (1977 to 1985)
Chairman & CEO, General Instrument Corp. (1990 to 1993)
Chairman of the Board, Gilead Sciences, Inc. (1993 to 2001)

Government service during his business career:

Member of the President's General Advisory Committee on Arms Control (1982 - 1986)
Special Presidential Envoy on the Law of the Sea Treaty (1982 - 1983)
Senior Advisor to the President's Panel on Strategic Systems (1983 - 1984)
Member of the U.S. Joint Advisory Commission on U.S./Japan Relations (1983 - 1984)
Special Presidential Envoy to the Middle East (1983 - 1984)
Member of the National Commission on Public Service (1987 - 1990)
Member of the National Economic Commission (1988 - 1989)
Member of the Board of Visitors of the National Defense University (1988 - 1992)
Member of the Commission on U.S./Japan Relations (1989 - 1991)
Member of the U.S. Trade Deficit Review Commission (1999 - 2000)

Awarded highest US civilian award, Presidential Medal of Freedom (1977)

Heron, perhaps you could find us the resume of someone more qualified to be called "American".

Or, for that matter, post yours?

Last edited:
Heron

Heron

Heron I typed up a long response to you but I figured I would be wasting good bandwidth so I deleted it

You just go ahead and bash away.
I want to say I just don't care any longer but that would be a lie.
I figure it is useless with you.

Just go ahead and bash away.
We will shortly deserve it any way.
We now have a congress that does not believe in fighting for freedom.
I feel sorry for Taiwan, Iraq and Israel. They are doomed with many more to follow.
We are going to politically correct ourselves into nonexistence.

Just go ahead and bash away.

I was not talking about Mr. Rumsfeld, but some people that are not deserving the country as we have many down here.
Ray
Disagree is not bashing, I have my beliefs and some info you dont.
If you are going to be upset, we can stop the posting and let the things sort themselves out (little we can do)
If I don't like blue . . .it is not a crime!
why feel sorry for anything, don't you have faith?
I dont think our interaction is wasted bandwidth, I look foward to know more about people that I can meet in person some day and I hope it will be amicable.
This morning I was revisiting Joseph Mengele, remember him?
Paul P. there are many very good americans in the Air Force, that does not avoid the problems in their midst, heavy racism and sectarian groups.
I can tarnish all my medals with one bad judgement.
Anytime you want we can change de subject and maybe talk about bad stuff on this contry here, plenty of it . . .
thanks
Heron

Huh????????

Huh????????

I was not talking about Mr. Rumsfeld, but some people that are not deserving the country as we have many down here.
Ray
snipped text
thanks
Heron

Quoting you from post #18 above: "Rumsfeld is involved in the plot since Reagan when Bush the Elder was CIA director, Clinton was a bump in the road (maybe not)

These two quotes from you are at odds in meaning.
What is it that I am failing to understand?
What plot?

By the way Clinton lied to a federal judge under oath. The same thing Scooter Libby has been indicted for.
One was for an alleged rape where he was fined $60,000 and had to pay Paula Jones in an out of court settlement ($850K + 91K) and disbarred.

The other
about ...well just lying....if he had not lied there was no other crime committed. WE know that now since Armitage( no fan of George Bush by the way) finally admitted his roll in it and letting it drag on for two years and! a woman had to spend time in jail no less!!!

Clinton was anything but a bump in the road. He violated the basic human rights of another person. And basically got a free pass.

Heron You need to spend a little more time in the USA doing some research into what actually goes on here instead of what you perceive is going on.

Last edited: