Vortex M912 kits are super built.

feedpro

Aircraft
Sonex homebuilt, Vortex M912
Total Flight Time
6700+ 96 hours gyro
After working for several weeks on my M912 Vortex kit, I am still impressed with the quality of the materials. Everything is powder coated. Never have I seen such quality, with every part seemly overbuilt. Plus, every hardware item that you need is shrink wrapped on a card and that includes every bolt, nut, and washer, everything. I have previously built a Sonex airplane. The kit was perfect with very detailed drawings, but you had to purchase your hardware items on your own. Everything but the sheet metal and aircraft parts had to be purchased separately, including the engine. This was not a surprise as they told you this up front and Wicks put together everything for you to purchase in a kit. Then you purchased instruments, engine, prop etc. All of these items are included in your Sport Copter kit, which really shocked me when I saw the compass. It also explains why the kits cost so much.

Trenna sent me pictures to build from (97 in all), but I would have liked a nice set of plans showing every detail, which I understand is coming. Other then this one complaint, I am more then satisfied with my Sport Copter Vortex M912 and fully expect it to handle "off airport" rough field landings with ease..

Mike484

AR-1 🇺🇸
Aircraft
RAF 2000 w/Horizontal stabilizer, KB3 w/tall tail
Total Flight Time
40+
Would love to see some pictures of your build. The Sport Copter people truly provide quality items.