Virginia eastern shore flying pics

GyroRon

Former Gyro know it all
Aircraft
Vans RV4 / Dominator 582 Ultrawhite
Total Flight Time
ALOT
Well went up to see Angelo this weekend to pick up my old Red Dominator to bring back here to sell for him - already took a deposit on it last week from a local PRA chapter 13 member.

I brought Shannon and Kasey so they could play at the beach while I did gyro stuff. Angelo wanted us to go flying together for a little while before I took the blades off the Dominator to load up to come back.

It was very windy and bumpy yesterday on the eastern shore. The Corn and soybean fields looked like they were going to get blown over due to the strong winds. I estimate it was blowing at least 20 mph gusting to 30+ with lot's of nice powerful thermals mixed in for excitement. Maybe it was worse, maybe I was just scared, but either way Angelo didn't fly his machine at all and I only went up for 20 minutes. Sure wish I could have flown longer. I wish I could have taken more pics too, this area was THE MOST BEAUTIFUL area I have ever flown over. I could fly here forever.

Anyway here is some pics. This first one was taken early Saturday morning. Kasey saw a Tractor in Angelos yard - first time Kasey has noticed a tractor - and he loved the BIg tires on the back!

Attachments

• IMG_0216.JPG
    IMG_0216.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 0
Angelo had this carport building built to store his two gyros on his property. He has 45 acres of land at this house - Angelo owns many houses! - but no runway yet. Anyway the carport hangar is nice and was cheap, less than 3 grand installed.

Attachments

• IMG_0217.JPG
    IMG_0217.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 0
Here is a inside shot of the gyro hangar.

Attachments

• IMG_0218.JPG
    IMG_0218.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 0
Here is a shot of Angelos house. Notice the Water just beyond his place, that is the Chesapeake Bay.

Attachments

• IMG_0222.JPG
    IMG_0222.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 0
Here is the runway you take off from when flying out of Angelos place. What runway you ask??? The grey one the cars and trucks use to get to the beach! :) hey it is a rural area and the roads are straight and just wide enough to take off from... Why not right?!

Btw, like I said this is just one of Angelos many homes. We got to stay here by ourselves since He typically stays at one of his houses in Virginia Beach. This house was very nice. Can't wait to go back to visit again!

Attachments

• IMG_0223.JPG
    IMG_0223.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 0
Here is a shot of the countryside. Might be able to make out the Atlantic Ocean in this pic. My camera sucks.

Attachments

• IMG_0219.JPG
    IMG_0219.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 0
another view of the area.

Attachments

• IMG_0220.JPG
    IMG_0220.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 0
Oh man, Angelo, if there is one thing I'm gonna do, it's take you up on the invitation to fly down there! Thanks, Ron!

Did you see the Bay Bridge /Tunnel?

Mostly farmland out there. The Altantic was on one side the Chesapeake on the other, and water everywhere, and I only got a few pics of the beach.

Attachments

• IMG_0221.JPG
    IMG_0221.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 0
Chris hold on a minute....

yes here is the Beach finally

Attachments

• IMG_0224.JPG
    IMG_0224.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 0
Closer to the beach, was flying over the open waters of the Chesapeake! Close enough to land on land if the engine quit.

Attachments

• IMG_0225.JPG
    IMG_0225.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 0
Here is the beach Shannon and Kasey were at while I was flying. Wanted to buzz them but it was too windy and too many other people on the beach so I stayed a few hundred feet up.

Attachments

• IMG_0226.JPG
    IMG_0226.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 0
Shannon and Kasey are down there but you can't tell cause my Camera Sucks!

Attachments

• IMG_0227.JPG
    IMG_0227.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 0
another Pretty place around the bend from the Beach Shannon and Kasey were at

Attachments

• IMG_0228.JPG
    IMG_0228.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 0
More cool places. I want to be rich when I grow up so I can live out there and fly every day....

Attachments

• IMG_0229.JPG
    IMG_0229.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 0
that is all the flying pics I got, like I said it was very windy and I had had enough of it after 20 minutes. Wish I had been braver and gone back up for a few more pics. I could fly hours here and not see all the things I wanted to check out.

Here I have landed at the Airport Angelo normally uses - I think I am the only one to take off Aussie style from the road in front of his house! - I landed here to meet Angelo so we could fly together, but the wind was kicking my Butt and I told Angelo about it and he thought It was best to wait to later to fly. Too bad for me cause I couldn't stay till later to fly again. It was a 6 hour drive to go home!

Attachments

• IMG_0230.JPG
    IMG_0230.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Angelo didn't do much with my old gyro while he had it. It still looks great! Wish I had never sold it.

Attachments

• IMG_0231.JPG
    IMG_0231.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 0
Look at this Ag cat. What a impressive machine!

Attachments

• IMG_0232.JPG
    IMG_0232.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 0
We had to drive back to the airport with my truck and trailer to load up the Dominator, so while we did that Shannon and Kasey got to drive around Angelos place on his Golfcart.

Attachments

• IMG_0234.JPG
    IMG_0234.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 0