Vietnam Veterans

Hey, Hunter's dad!

Hey, Hunter's dad!

Are you one of those V.V.s?

Naw, you can't be...you're too young!

Not unless I was part of an elite Cub Scout unit that I'm not allowed to talk about.
They were talking on the radio today about it being Vietnam Veterans appreciation day .
I couldn't get a hold of any of my V V friends so I thought I'd just throw a shout out her.

Thanks Gary! The important goal here is to never treat veterans like the vets were treated returning from Viet Nam.

The press made us out to be baby killers and drug addicts. It was difficult to return home and be a part of society when people were so bias.

PTSD and TBI was something the government had hidden from the public. They insisted the the Viet Nam veterans were just drug crazed and not injured. The public was afraid to be near vets let along give them a job or to sit in a classroom with them.

It's been 40 years since my Viet Nam experience and I'm still bitter but thank you for your thoughts. Just pray for our young vets today. They have had many combat tours and will need all the understanding we can muster!

Yea, up until Vietnam our veterans were always honored as heros. So sad to see how it changed but people just didn't understand that Vietnam was not a war like the ones in the past. In this war you never knew who your enemy was because the people you thought you were protecting could very well be the ones that would kill you.

Thank you for your service Vietnam Vets.

Last edited:
With all wars everybody has been fooled - except those who make the fooling.
In some wars we have been more fooled than others.

Thanks Guys!!!

Thanks Guys!!!

I'm proud to say I still have my original decorations and the Squadron patch.

VietnamSM.gifVietnam_Campaign_Medal.jpg556thPatch.jpg

:usa2:

Last edited:
I have

I have

I have several uncles who served. I cannot say enough about the gratitude I feel for veterans who served in that war or any other for that matter. It was such a costly war on so many levels. My one uncle who was a radar tech for Hugheys still doesn't talk about it.

Thanks Gary.

It's hard to accept thanks for taking part the Vietnam "police action". Boys ordered to go to war under penalty of law buy spineless gutless crooked politicians. I went over proud and came back guilty. How do you thank the 158,000 that didn't make it out alive.

Thank you for serving our country!!!!!!

Nam Vets

Nam Vets

Thanks Gary.

It's hard to accept thanks for taking part the Vietnam "police action". Boys ordered to go to war under penalty of law buy spineless gutless crooked politicians. I went over proud and came back guilty. How do you thank the 158,000 that didn't make it out alive.

like the song says "I don't want no parades, I don't want no forgivin', I just want to know I'm not here alone."

I thank them by respecting, honoring, and never forgetting their sacrifice and passing that on to my children.
That's how I thank them.
And you're not alone Mr.Mitchell .

Hey Charlie:
I just realized what your screen name come from.
It is good to see a Pink Pony here.
Just poking fun.
I was one of 16 who protected the Red Horses in Tialand. They were a crazy bunch of great guys. Partied hard in Kunsan, and drank a few beers and punched each others lights out a few times. What a memory!

Red horse

Red horse

Hey Charlie:
I just realized what your screen name come from.
It is good to see a Pink Pony here.
Just poking fun.
I was one of 16 who protected the Red Horses in Tialand. They were a crazy bunch of great guys. Partied hard in Kunsan, and drank a few beers and punched each others lights out a few times. What a memory!

I have a feeling you were there much earlier than I was. I was at NKP 68-69. All detachments were safely ensconced on bases by that time. NKP, Khorat, Takhli, Ubon, Udorn, U-Tapao....

Nam Vets

Nam Vets

I thank them by respecting, honoring, and never forgetting their sacrifice and passing that on to my children.
That's how I thank them.
And you're not alone Mr.Mitchell .

Thanx very much Gary. I know now that I'm not alone. But the first few years I did feel alone, but never alienated. Thank God I had a solid family upbringing and solid family ties. But there were times early on that it sure I was standing on the hill by myself.

Again, Thank you.

Howdy Gary,

You are more than welcome and yes I would do it again.
CWO B co 227th Assalt Helicopter Bat. 1st Cav Div RVN 70-71

I see the CIB badge, but never understood what the wreath represented.

Since ancient times, the laurel wreath has been a symbol of victory, hence courage. But, there is not a wreath on the MOH, so it's probably also used to set it higher than the EIB (Expert Infantryman Badge) which is not earned under fire, but by demonstration of skills.

E6B (11B 1967-1970) but no CIB

CORRECTION: The Army and Air Force MOHs do have a wreath.

Last edited:
Pilots, Crew and Friends KIA From My Unit
“All gave some, Some gave ALL”
Sgt Jerry Johns
WO George Hamilton
SP4 Richard Bartholomew
CPL Robert Shoemaker
WO David Popp
CW2 Phillip Pannell
WO Kenneth James
SGT Teddy Loftin
PFC Thomas Weigle
WO James Dunn
SP4 Martin Reynolds
CW2 Arthur Murray
1LT Robert Poxon – Medal of Honor recipient (posthumously)
PFC Joseph Scott
1LT Joseph Breski
WO Samuel Bosenbark
SGT John Sharp
WO Thomas Hill
WO Ephraim Liles
WO Robert Gardiner
SP5 Lance Laurent
WO Rupert Funderburk
WO Michael Masuen
SP5 Daniel Holtrey
1LT Ronald Churan
And others I got to spend so little time with, thank them for your freedom.!!!