Video of my very first flight on gyro (Magni M-24) .

JJ Campbell

16 minutes of video with about 16 seconds of content. I don't count the occasional finger wagging at gauges w/o commentary as content. On the good side, at least the annoying music stopped around the seven minute mark. Not that I listened to it that long - thank goodness for fast forward. LOL

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrs, RAF 2000/Mgni/Bnsn/Hrnet/Mrlin/Crckt/MT-03/Lyzlle AV18-A/Prdtor. Pax ArrowCopter
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
Looks as though you were getting the hang of it OK.

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Piper Archer, Aviomania G1sb
Total Flight Time
Not sure over 10,000+ logged FW, 260+ ultralights, sailplane, hang-gliders
It's great you have a video of your first flight in your M24. I wish I had any of my first flights in any aircraft since 1974.
Thanks for sharing!

jm-urbani

Aircraft
home built mono seat
Total Flight Time
300ish
it is just great to pass from thinking of doing something to reality ... flying is just super natural .. go on mate .. rotors are the best way to fly !
thanks for sharing your impressions it is instructive for all even for the "moustachus", which in French means men with a moustache, the legend of aviation says that the firsts pilots were wearing a moustache in order to feel the wind in flight.

In france when we call a pilot " moustachu" it is sometimes ironic to point out that he is an old pilot that sometimes forgets his first fears, doubts, trouble .

flying is maybe one on the last possible adventures, I love to fly alone , early in the morning in the cold winter without transponder, without using radio, the freedom feeling is so great... just you , the dragonfly you sit on , and the air ... even the necessary doubt about safety is interesting to live with in those moments

some of the good moustachus I have spoken with have alwsays told me : this is normal to be a little bit scared... the day you won't be scared at all you will be in danger

.... go on sharing even if it seems futile for some moustachus

Last edited: