Victor Merinos C 30 tractor

Semler

Aircraft
Single Seat Gyro
Total Flight Time
200+
Wow Juergen,

Seems your have read my mind, I only just sent him an email last night (after tracking down his email address) to see if he had plans for his scaled C30, as Im leaning that way instead of a tail dragger pusher.

Good Find.

Thanks.

Regards,
Trent

Last edited:

kolibri282

Trent,

would you also use wood as your material of choice as Victor did? In that case please be so kind as to open a build thread since I take a very keen interest in using wood as a material for aircraft. In another thread (see the Rotorblades forum ) EMaffia posted this statement:
La madera, es el material compuesto más perfecto (Lo hizo Dios)
Which roughly translates to: Wood is the best of all known composite materials since it was He who made it, a statement which has IMHO not been proven wrong to date since there are wooden aircraft and rotor blades which have been used much longer than any of the high tech composites of the twentieth/first century have been around. ( And yes, their properties regarding strength to weight are superior but what about long term exposure to the sun or fatigue properties over a period of decades?)

Last edited:

Semler

Aircraft
Single Seat Gyro
Total Flight Time
200+
Hi Juergen,

Wood does interest me, but i would have to do a lot of research about it before i would commit myself to using it. Working with metal or some kind of aluminum box structure like WHY (Tony) is doing is what i would feel better working with.

Just wish i could find a English version of Victor's Plans so i can understand them better, especially the measurements.

WHY

Gold Member
Aircraft
Ercoupe and Cessna 150, 152, 172, 140, Aeronca,7ac, Citabria,Chief,Piper PA11,PA12
Total Flight Time
Hi Trent

My aluminum angle construction has been most interesting, but really suprising how heavy it is, not even close to a 4130 frame. If I were building another one I would "SERIOUSLY" look at a modified Volksplane fuselage, building from scratch and modifing as needed of course.

Tony

kolibri282

Wood does interest me, but i would have to do a lot of research about it before i would commit myself to using it.
I would "SERIOUSLY" look at a modified Volksplane fuselage
Building your aircraft based on a well proven design is probably a good idea. In the case of a wooden fuselage you might want to use the scantlings and the construction technique of a Pietenpol Aircamper. It's a two seater so it would be strong enough. The area where you would have to design very carefully is the rotor attachment, but that goes for a metal fuselage as well.

Just wish i could find a English version of Victor's Plans so i can understand them better, especially the measurements.
Victors measurements are in mm (which is SI units) and cm (1 cm=10mm ) which is not SI. Anything that looks like e.g. 20x20 is a cross section in millimeters (25.4 mm = 1inch so 20 mm is 20/25.4 =0.7874 inch or roughly 0.8" ) If you have any particular questions feel free to contact me, I will try to clarify whatever I can though my Spanish isn't that great but I have been using SI units in my job for 30+ years which makes it much easier to grasp what someone wants to express in a drawing.

Last edited: