VIBRATION IN THE STICK

Weedeater

I hae a Auto-Gyro Cavalon, 336 hours on it and I love it. I do have stick vibration that I would like to get rid of and I have tried all of the common fixes. Who or where would anyone suggest that I take it to for balancing or vibration removal.

Rick E

Aircraft
Cavalon and an MTO Sport
Total Flight Time
If the vibration is only there when you let go of the stick there is a clamp that you can attach to the pitch cable as it curves up between the fuel tanks. I have the same issue and am fitting the clamp this week.
If it is vibrating when you are holding the stick, further investigation is required.

Weedeater

If the vibration is only there when you let go of the stick there is a clamp that you can attach to the pitch cable as it curves up between the fuel tanks. I have the same issue and am fitting the clamp this week.
If it is vibrating when you are holding the stick, further investigation is required.
The stick vibration is worse when I let go of the stick, but is there all of the time. It is not severe, just want to minimize it.

Brian P

How does this clamp work Rick?

Brian Jackson

Platinum Member
Aircraft
GyroBee Variant - Under Construction
This looks like a bad idea if you ask me. Pinching the cable sheath to create drag on the cable???
This method is a little concerning to me, especially when reading through the maintenance manual page posted above by Alan. Here is an excerpt that might cause me to look for an alternate solution...

Attachments

magknight

Aircraft
Cessna Skylane, AutoGyro Cavalon (Due in May), Arrowcopter AC20 (sold) / MTOSport (sold)
Total Flight Time
300+
Don’t think it’s meant to create drag on the cable but to remove slop from between the cable and the sheath at the bend. Most Cavalons have these installed during build so wouldn’t think that would be the source of the vibration. More likely it’s the teeter bushings are worn out. How many hours are on the teeter bolt and bushings? One test you can do is pull down the front blade to the stop, then push down a little more. If the teeter block bumps up and down even a little the bushings are shot.