vette C8

Greg Vos

Aircraft
R44/22 H269/300 MD 500 Magni (all); Xenon RST; DTA; ELA; MTO
Total Flight Time
Stoped counting at 3000
Just reaching out to guys in the USA
do any of you drive the new Corvette C8?

In SA we don’t have a General Motors representative so despite them now making RHD C8’s ( first time in the history of corvette) it seems we won’t be getting it.
There is a possibility that our local Aston dealer, Daytona will or could import the car, this will mean that it won’t be maintained under the Chevy umbrella. This is a pity because this makes ownership attractive

I am a long time client of Daytona, and apart from the Mustang I drive daily I own a Aston Martin.... Daytona do not permit the purchase of parts or offer any support (for Aston) unless they actually work on the car, this is a bit of a ownership headache once it exceeds its warrenty.
In contrast ford welcome owners working on the pony car and gladly sell parts and encourage performance augmentations.

I am really keen on a new C8 but don’t want to commit without getting a feel for it, I drove the Ford GT 40 and it did not work for me, but badly wanted a car I could drive hard so settled for the 10 speed pony. But now it’s time for new toys ...and regrettably my wife discourages thin blonde things from the Eastern Block🙂

What is the c8 like to live with? Is it easy to park, is it easy to see out of? Can a person get in and out of it with dignity? Does it have bad blind spots? What is the box like ?
sorry just some of my questions, cabin noise for daily traffic commutes.? Rattles from interior ?

Again a fine example how privileged you lot are to live in the USA, I think the new vette is the most striking car ever to come out of the USA, in the past you guys have made some really unattractive vehicles, but this thing resonates well with me. And I’m sure with most petrol heads

Would appreciate some honest Comments not sales BS and basic info we see dont on the sales brochure?

if you don’t wish to share your comments pm’s are most welcome 😁 bet them Italians Are not happy about this car..?

GyroRon

Former Gyro know it all
Aircraft
Waiex/3300 Jab, Phantom UL, Flightstar II UL
Total Flight Time
ALOT
Its the first corvette that I have actually wanted to own and I have yet to see one in person.

Greg Vos

Aircraft
Total Flight Time
Stoped counting at 3000
I’m going to own one, also will be my first Vette!
im not a fan of the German tech that needs little hairdryers in the engine bay to make it go😁

this new Vette is a real looker and takes the Italians head on IMO

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrs, RAF 2000/Mgni/Bnsn/Hrnet/Mrlin/Crckt/MT-03/Lyzlle AV18-A/Prdtor. Pax ArrowCopter
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
It is taking the Italians head on because if anyone sees it they would immediately think...’Italian’ Ferrari/Lambo.

It certainly is a very hot looking car.

And...having watched that, could have had one of these instead of my gyro, but then again, how about turning up to fly your gyro... in one of these.

Pretty cool Greg.

Last edited:

Greg Vos

Aircraft
Total Flight Time
Stoped counting at 3000
It is taking the Italians head on because if anyone sees it they would immediately think...’Italian’ Ferrari/Lambo.

It certainly is a very hot looking car.

And...having watched that, could have had one of these instead of my gyro, but then again, how about turning up to fly your gyro... in one of these.

Pretty cool Greg.
Yes it’s the car to have right now, I think its a real winner and soooo look fwd to it arriving, to top it, its American Muscle meaning we can drive it like we stole it ....small mod to the hand brake so it can drift and it’s perfect

Re the vette or the Gyro ...no contest for me, Im a committed petrol head 😁

SpyderMike

Aircraft
Cirrus SR22, Rans S-16
Total Flight Time
500+
If you are in SA, why not get a Superformance GT40? Talk about a mid engine flying machine!

full disclosure: I am not a chevy supporter having taken them to mediation under lemon law before...and won.

Greg Vos

Aircraft
Total Flight Time
Stoped counting at 3000
If you are in SA, why not get a Superformance GT40? Talk about a mid engine flying machine!

full disclosure: I am not a chevy supporter having taken them to mediation under lemon law before...and won.
In the OP I refer to the GT 40 having tested it....with respect it’s nothing like the C8 and beside one Ford in the garage is enough .