very short take off!

quadrirotor

André MARTIN
The DE LAVAL is not bad neither...to use the exhaust gas to feed the machine which has not to be on the rotor...a sketch Victor?
- the wheel inside a tube or a case ( like the torque converter...)
- less noise, no torque...
- less efficient then a turbine but... so what?

Victor Duarte

troublemaker
so what ? why not ? mmm but a De laval can spin VERY fast (20 000 rpm) ... how convert torque without grears ? dont see enough to draw ;) but if you see, i ll draw it.

in my file "mad ideas" i have : if an airfoil works essentially by "sucking" the air at the top side... why not to suck the air at the blade tip or the blade edge > no noise..

i said i m mad :D

some find good improvements searching wavy ways :

http://www.nasatech.com/Briefs/Feb04/LAR16084.html

Victor Duarte

troublemaker
oh sorry !!! you talk about pre-rotator okayyyy !!!
i didnt sleep enough :D

you think in ducting the exhaust gases to a "de laval" mounted on the plate... would be simpler to use a pneumatic tool to pre-rotate (i dont tell the dirt !!)

well if i had to think to a pre rotator, it would be accordingly to my rotor design :
3 bladed hingeless, in-mast cyclic controls, in my tractive design (engine is behind pilot)
i can use the shaft to pre-rotate rotor by a flexible acting on a crown or pulley
maybe a small turbo to blow air ;) with a deflecting vane engine/rotor.

rehler

Gold Member
What a great web site - http://www.autogire.com/

Vance, go to this site, click on GALERIE PHOTO !, then Prototypes et divers page 1, then click on the 3E photo. Yes, a motorcycle gyro!

For those of you who want a big gas tank, check out photo 1G

Last edited:

Victor Duarte

troublemaker
lol i read it like this andré, :D dont worry !

"l'indulgence est la politesse des braves" aucun rapport mais ca sonne bien !

ps : i posted a drawing for canard

Vance

Gyroplane CFI
Thank you Ken. I have a feeling that it isn't balanced just right.
I didn't know you were known the world over for your expertese in autogyro design. Thank You for being my friend, Vance