Vance --------how many would like to attend his forum?

StanFoster

Aircraft
Helicycle N360SF
Total Flight Time
In my opinion, Vance doing a forum at Mentone would pack our air conditioned meeting room. Many here on the forum have never been blessed with sitting down and talking to this dynamic person like I have every Mentone and Bensen Days we have attended. Show of hands here..................how many here would love to have Vance head up a forum at our 50th convention at Mentone? I have both hands and feet in the air! Stan

Vance- forum - Mentone!!

Vance- forum - Mentone!!

We'll be there!! count 2 more :)

Absolutely!

I'm ALL IN!!

Good idea!

Thank you my Friends!

Thank you my Friends!

Thank you all, I take your interest as a high compliment and I will make every effort to give an entertaining talk and avoid controversy.

I feel the history of the Autogiro is full of inspirational people and amazing stories.

I will start preparing now and expect to have some relevant pictures by the Mentone convention. I worked on it a little last night.

Ed felt that I rushed the EAA presentation to get it into the half hour window.

I feel that 50 minutes is about right because I would like to include some information about Harold Pitcairn and allow enough time for questions. Is this practical? I only have the one speed.

This fits into the whole book adventure fantasy very well; learning to be less intimidated by public speaking by crashing into my trepidation.

I am grateful for the opportunity to learn a new relevant skill and will do my best.

I hope that people will have questions because I feel something that is interactive is more fun than a monologue. The EAA group was very helpful in this regard.

Paul, you are a brilliant entertainer and the funniest person I know. I would be grateful for any coaching you would give me at the convention before the talk.

Thank you, Vance

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 0
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 0
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 0
Fun Fun Fun @ Mentone 50th

Fun Fun Fun @ Mentone 50th

YEP for sure & don't forget the Flutterby squadron egg-strafing of the brave bulls-eye bloke!!! SF :lol: :D :D

Just a suggestion...

Just a suggestion...

Stan,
As Vance said I attended this meeting and did a video off of my cell phone. I viewed it and what I learned is...Vance has a Love for Autogiros and their History.

It truly is fascinating and there is a lot to know about it. I was thinking Vance could give a talk about the History of the Autogiro from what he has learned and read about.

He is an incredible public speaker and I think this could stand alone all by itself! I believe he could bring the History of Autogiros to "LIFE!" I think this would be especially valuable if we are trying to attract new people to our "world" because we all know his enthusiasm for the sport! Not many people know a whole lot about where the Autogiro Comes from so this would be helpful!

He then could give a talk on his experiences as Pilot in Command because this too is a story within itself. He could give a personal history of how he came to learn and fly an Autogiro...as you know his deep love for the Predator and Autogiros in General...I just thought I'd toss the idea out there.

Do think anyone would be interested in Two separate seminars...I know I would. I think it's important for a "Newbie" to understand the process of what goes on in trying to get it all together just so you can fly and Vance has experience in that area and then some! Just in case some my be discourage he could be encouraging!!

What do you Think? Any Opinions out there in FORUM Land?? ;-P
Cheers! Ed

Extravagant Ego?

Extravagant Ego?

Thank you Brent, Stan, Chris and Tom, your enthusiastic support is a very nice compliment.

Thank you Ed, you are my biggest fan, I feel you do have a point

Thank you Juergen, I learn so much from you and I have the greatest admiration for the way you approach things from romantic history to mechanical details. I would love to have you at any talk I might give to ask some thought provoking questions and fill in the fuzzy areas.

Thinking about what Ed said, in my opinion the two things that lit people up the most at the EAA talk were gyroplane fundamentals and how a half blind pilot with a brain injury could have a private pilot license and manage the limited resources to fly safely.

I felt there were two different groups; 1. The builder/technical types with questions about how a gyroplane worked. 2. The fliers. There was some crossover.

I see many people on the forum that appear to imagine that getting a pilot’s license would be very challenging for any number of reasons and it is best avoided.

I feel my story is a clear example of what can be done with limited resources augmented by passion.

In my opinion many of the ways I manage my handicaps would have value to people who are less handicapped.

At the risk of seeming to go mad with the attention I would like to do a separate talk on my gyroplane adventure. I believe I could leave people with a better understanding of the process and the feeling that if someone with my challenges can earn a private pilot license and fly a gyroplane they can do it.

I recognize the resources are limited and I would not want to take someone’s time in the room. Maybe we could just slip it in somewhere. It is probably a half hour talk including questions.

At Bensen Days I had five long and involved talks with people that were affected by traumatic brain injuries and I found great joy in their success. Even people who have not had a TBI get discouraged sometimes and I enjoy helping them too.

Thank you, Vance

i may be one of the newest gyro pilots. 10 hrs!!!!!! out of 5,000+ fix and heli. this stuff is a blast. this will be the year to visit mentone! hearing vance is top on my list. meeting people is the reason to live, and flying. see you all there. :peace:
img2791ay.jpg

Last edited:
I have already spent my fuel allowance from the government coming to Bensen days.
I hope a dvd "Vance, The passion for gyros" volume one will be available for posterity.
I will be there to listen to volume two next year.
Vance, you are correct, the town is Clitheroe in Lancashire.
All the best
Regards Luciano.