USRAF mail delivery

StanFoster

Aircraft
Helicycle N360SF
Total Flight Time
I had a stairway client call me yesterday..Fri..and requested that I priority mail some curved stairway plans to him...so he could have them by Monday.

I said...that I could "air mail" them and have them there by 9 a.m Saturday...

He said...they dont do that where he is at. I said...if you are home Saturday..I will personally see that the plans are "dropped" off. He had his doubts but said he would be home.

I had his county road addess and computed his latitude and longitude coordinates..entered them in my GPS this morning and delivered his plans...by "drop" mail from my RAF. It was a nice flight and super weather. I called the guy while enroute to make sure he would be outside and let him in on my intentions. He could not believe it. Anyway...the GPS guided me right to his place...I circled down...dropped the tube with the plans.....made sure he picked them up and then went on to another buddies place to visit.

This picture is the tube with the plans....excuse the camera string in the way.

USRAF......WE DELIVER.... :D

Attachments

• aaraf626h.JPG
    aaraf626h.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 2
enroute to drop off

Attachments

• aaraf626j.JPG
    aaraf626j.JPG
    23.9 KB · Views: 1
this is the "drop" off point. He lives at this nursery.

Attachments

• aaraf626i.JPG
    aaraf626i.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 2
US-RAF delivery

US-RAF delivery

Stan:

What a blast to be able to do that!

You're up there with Birdy now, working and flying together at the same time!

Kevin: I wouldnt call it working... :D

Plus...the "postage" on that run wasnt that economical... :eek:

Nice plan Stan. Just curious is there any chance of a tube being sucked back thu the prop. I have always wondered if you could safely drop something from a gyro and it clearing the airframe.

Mike

Mike: Most definately....I pitched it forward with my arm hanging down low..
It was well below me before I passed over it.

I had to laugh the other day..I was taking dad flying and he was unwrapping his throw away camera and just chucking out the window. I told him everything he was tossing was being shredded by the prop.

Thank god he didnt chuck the camera just because it said disposable :eek:

Cool Trip Stan. Sounds like something I would have done. I see the yaw string is straight down the center..... you did that on purpose didn't you! ;) :)

Ron: Cause of you...I have to now try to center what I am taking a picture of....keep the yaw strings pretty...slowly squeeze the shutter as it focuses...and fly the gyro. I think my last picture that my survivors will have to post here...will show my yaw string all nice and square with this huge oak tree milliseconds behind it. :eek: :) :D

We will talk about this over that steak dinner at Mentone.... :D

Stan

Wait a minute! One string is straight up and the other is to the side. That must mean you had some pressure on one rudder pedal and a little more on the other.

Attention to all newbies and wantabe's. Don't pay a lot of attention to most of the stuff from "KenSandyEggo". :D :D :D

A few years ago, I borrowed a friend's bowling ball and had to return it. We chose the same manner as Stan. We planned to drop it on the grass next to my friend's driveway from 300 feet up because of some wires. What a mess. I told the dumb sumbich not to try to catch it. At least I got to date his widow a few times. She was hot!.....I better put this face here before I get roasted by the gullible. ;)

Ken: You are something else.... :D

Hey...do you care to retell that desert trip with the bikers sometime? I loved that story but cant find it anywhere.

Stan

I did a search here and it's not here. I'm sure it was on Norm's Forum. Al??????