Upgrade to Xenforo

Very, very good... This is an upgrade worthy of that name...

Thanks to all involved...

Todd, it looks fantastic! And it's fast, too.

However, not all the redirects I've tried accurately work.
Do you need some specific examples?

Many thanks,
Kolibri
Yes, please send me a message with all the links that aren't working. Please remember, the links would have to be internal links within the forum, there's nothing we can do about links on other sites that no longer exist.

Todd

Todd - the Forum LOOKS and RUNS so much BETTER now! Thank you for all you do - do you have a link or something so I can donate to continue to support the Forum? For me, it's worth helping to keep it running.

Todd - the Forum LOOKS and RUNS so much BETTER now! Thank you for all you do - do you have a link or something so I can donate to continue to support the Forum? For me, it's worth helping to keep it running.
Hi Terry,
I'll be working on getting a donation system setup in the next week or so. For now, just enjoy the new forum and I'll come begging for money soon enough. o_O

Tod, really, really, like Xenforo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought the old one worked fine so it is hard for me to get too excited. It seems to be working well. I had a great flight today, if life doesn't get in the way I will post it on more fun flying The Predator in flying adventures. 310 degrees at 18kts gusting to 28kts at SMX.

Last edited:
I thought the old one worked fine so it is hard for me to get too excited. It seems to be working well. I had a great flight today, if life doesn't get in the way I will post it on more fun flying The Predator in flying adventures. 310 degrees at 18kts gusting to 28kts at SMX.

I feel SO much more at home again on this very user-friendly ...easy-navigation platform! Well done Todd!

I look forwards to great INSPIRING postings from you Vance ...we need to get the forum INSPIRATIONAL & EDUCATIONAL
again! Many of us are too weary from the pseudo-lawyer's endless point-by-pointless STATIC!

The best aviation forum user experience I have seen or used is the SuperCub.org forum. I wonder what they use for forum software? To be honest, the worst forum user experience I had was with the previous rotarywing forum, so this change is great. It was very hard to find new posts, took very long to open one, and often would fail if tried to post. Complete opposite now. The home page on the Supercub.org forum lists all the new posts which I like a lot. They also have member only boards which is nice to post privately to members only without being open to the whole Internet to read. There are different membership levels to join too.

I got clearance from the wife to donate a few bucks a month. When the donation page is set up it would be nice to have the option for a recurring payment method.

The best aviation forum user experience I have seen or used is the SuperCub.org forum. I wonder what they use for forum software? To be honest, the worst forum user experience I had was with the previous rotarywing forum, so this change is great. It was very hard to find new posts, took very long to open one, and often would fail if tried to post. Complete opposite now. The home page on the Supercub.org forum lists all the new posts which I like a lot. They also have member only boards which is nice to post privately to members only without being open to the whole Internet to read. There are different membership levels to join too.
I’ll check that out. Thanks

Thank you, Todd, U-ROCK!!!

With the new change there has been an increase in trolls and spammers, new member applications should be screened more closely, Unfortunately.

With the new change there has been an increase in trolls and spammers, new member applications should be screened more closely, Unfortunately.
Fortunately, the new software with its built in reporting system makes them very easy to resolve. A couple clicks and the post is deleted and the user account shut down, banned and ip blocked. Pretty nice.

Todd congratulations on a breath of life into a once amazing Forum that was dying slowly and had become a shadow of it former self. It had become slow, cumbersome, and sadly more trouble than it seemed worth with many of the old members disappearing. This upgrade seems to have really pepped it up big time.

Will be happy to contribute when you get that set up.

The recovery of the forum from zombie state to full up and running has been miraculous, similar to the feeling at a 20 year class reunion where you pick up where you left off. Thanks and congratulations are due.

Fantastic - thanks Todd for the upgrade, wow, much much better!! I am glad I came back to check!

Great work!
John