Unknown Glider

Thought he is probably Russian, may be because of the snow in the clip......
Perhaps Alex (our man from the east....;-) knows a bit more......

PS: I just had a look at your helmet, Gabor, looks great !!!

I just had a look at your helmet, Gabor, looks great !!!
Thank you Jürgen lots of itching went into it Hahahaaaa. At least I had figured out now the mystery. I am only allergic to a certain kind of epoxy! And maybe I am also allergic to work too..... is there a pill for that?:whip:

Does anyone out there know a bit more about this one?
[/URL]

This glider was built by Victor Shumeiko in Zhukovsky town near Moscow in mid 90s. Its parts including wooden rotor blades are still stored in Vic's workshop. It made a couple flights piloted by an experienced trike pilot. This was right before he left for US so there were only few flights. Vic himself couldn't fly it because of broken leg. Pilot died short after this in a trike accident in Ukraine.

Some years later Vic started to build second edition of the gyroglider but never finished it. He still hopes to bring this project back to be completed.

This glider was built by Victor Shumeiko in Zhukovsky...
Thank you Alex, I was counting on you! Is there any chance to learn a bit more about how he made the wooden rotor blades?

Sorry, Juergen, missed your question for a while. I think Vic wouldn't able to describe his design this time. He has some health issues and is preparing for some major vessels surgery right now. Anyway I'll ask him when he is back from quacks.

Alex,

How's the gentleman with the three bladed rotor doing? Is it still flying? I found his project very interesting since I'm working on the same thing here.

Last edited:
Joe,

I think you refer to "Barsik" single seater tractor? I haven't heard about it flying for last couple years. Soon after we saw it at MAKS airshow it was seen flying with standard DragonWings rotor instead 3-blader. Don't know what do they do now.
Here is a link to some detailed photos of it at Helirussia exhibition in Moscow, May, 2011:
http://photo.qip.ru/users/pakuro/3891799/?mode=xlarge I missed this exhibition so cannot tell if this was flying object or not.

Alex,

That isn't the gyro that I saw. The gyro that I was thinking about had cables supporting the blades from the top of the mast. I was wondering how the aircraft was holding up after it had been flying for a few years.

My three blade design is different mechanically. My system is more like the one found on the MD 500. I'll let you know how well it does....thanks!

THIS IS INOVATION AT THE MAXIUM !!!!!!! It looks like the frame/fuselage was form on the half shell and bonded together "fantastic" and the rest as well.

Tony

PS and notice the hp !!!!

Unless this gyro has some "unknown" bad flight characteristics or bad design problems "SOMEONE" should be all over this like a duck on a june bug. This gyro is just screaming for "production" or at least kit form.

Tony

Very nice aircraft with a unique character, great!

PS: is that барcик written on the side and what does it mean?

PS: is that барcик written on the side and what does it mean?

Yes, that is. It's an affectionate diminutive form for "ounce" (snow leopard = барс) which is the most often name for home cats in Russia :)

Well, answering my own question, I can see one potential problem. It would be the same problem that Jim Eich had on his JE-2. The rotor is about equal distant between the prop line and the hinge line on the rudder. On Jim's machine when you were on a "full power climb", you could get into a flat spin due to P factor. Now due to the low power used here this might not be a problem, but an extention of the rear moment arm would not hurt.

Tony

Still a great design though.