UK Gyro Record Breaker

paff

We have been unable to hold this event since 2019 due to the pandemic, however with the full support of the Shuttleworth Collection, the British Rotorcraft Association is pleased to announce it is once again hosting the Record Breaker at Old Warden Airfield in Bedfordshire.

In 2019 we achieved 63 Gyro's one of which "Little Nellie" resides at the field, the rest all flew in on the day. 2 lovely long lines of Gyro's along the flightline at the airfield made for a spectacular display.

Here in the UK if the conditions are right we could easily achieve 100 or more visiting aircraft in the one day. Fingers crossed for that perfect flying weekend and if you are interested, if you fly in it is free on the day to all autogyros.

Discounted tickets at the gate are available for BRA and LAA members and we would love to see you there.

Saturday 21st May 2022 and gates open at 9:00am. All details are on the Shuttleworth Collection Website.

Attachments

• BRAgroup2019.jpg
    BRAgroup2019.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 25
It was a well attended event. A lovely day with gyros arriving most of the morning.

The number I ljust heard from Steve our BRA Secretary (@paff?) was 72 gyros.

There were three single seat gyros present, Little Nellie was there as an exhibit, with two flying in, both Crickets. One was Dave Organ and the other Robin Braithwaite.

The Shuttleworth collection is an incredible collection of airworthy aircraft.

Last edited:
Sounds like it was an awesome event! Its good to see such well attended events. In South Africa we went from around 72 gyros in 2011 to around 53 last year, and probably even less this year. Hopefully with some innovative solutions to the biting economic environment and other factors we can turn this around.

Photo by Jean Tresfon 2011
1653465518323.png

It was a well attended event. A lovely day with gyros arriving most of the morning.

The number I ljust heard from Steve our BRA Secretary (@paff?) was 72 gyros.

There were three single seat gyros present, Little Nellie was there as an exhibit, with two flying in, both Crickets. One was Dave Organ and the other Robin Braithwaite.

The Shuttleworth collection is an incredible collection of airworthy aircraft.

Hi, I can confirm the total was 71. I have posted a heavily edited version of the days video on youtube showing the landings. Great day and a massive thank you to all of you that made the effort and spared no expense to help achieve this

Congratulations to BRA