UFOs Flying worldwide

slwaterman

Aircraft
SparrowHawk II (just completed)
Total Flight Time
70 plus
I was just wondering if anybody could tell me how many UFO gyros are flying worldwide. Any other news concerning them?

Ozzie

I was just wondering if anybody could tell me how many UFO gyros are flying worldwide. Any other news concerning them?
Very few I imagine. 2 came to Australia. One crashed due to pilot error, a double fatality.
The other arrived as a kit and was deemed to be so bad that an enormous amount of money was spent on it. The owner lost interest and I think it is currently for sale or sold.
The UFO website continues to make outrageous claims regarding performance and sales. I too would love to know where the alleged sales are taking place.

Racer

Aircraft
Air Command CLT N7512X
I have been told there will be one fly through Colorado soon but It has not happened as of yet. I would love to see one up close, All the pics I have seen they look sweet! I do know there was one at Mentone this year.

gyroplanes

FAA DAR Gyropilot
Aircraft
(2) Air Commands, (1) Barnett, (1) Parsons modified 2 place, (1) Beechcraft Sundowner
Total Flight Time
The one at Mentone flew. There were (are) two just up across the border in Wisconsin, south of Milwaukee.

twistair

Living in the Skies
Aircraft
none own :( currently flying Calidus mostly
Total Flight Time
Don't know exactly, ca. 3000 hours
One UFO was assembled and made some initial flight in Siberia 2 years ago but soon after that it's owner tried to fly it without training. The result was predictable. Fortunately this would-be-a-pilot wasn't hurt.

John Stahl

Aircraft
none
Total Flight Time
There was one in Bozeman Montana but it was for sale. The low hour pilot tipped it over while landing.

Joe Pires

star hoarder
Aircraft
Aviomania GS2.
Total Flight Time
450 ish solo gyro and 80 ish two place
There was one static display at the sport pilot exhibition in Sebring.

Caribean_gyro

Platinum Member
Aircraft
twinstar
Total Flight Time
500+
They are coming with a new machine a lot of upf=grades and a jump Take off. will know more in a month
chuckP

tailrotor007

Fly Safe
Aircraft
barnette 540 coupe 2 UFO Enforcers
Total Flight Time
15 thousand plus
The main thing wrong with the UFO is that they have people like Doc Bailey dealing them. Heard from some reliable sources that he's been telling customers (my secret shoppers) that they can purchase them pre-built cause he reserved "N" numbers before the dealine. He apparently doesn't understand the rules.

He also enlisted an instructor in Denver (John Revenboer) to do the training ... and says GBA hates them cause they started their own company. By the way ... from my investigation (and I'm good at what I do) ... GBA "hates" them cause they are clowns. They won't let Revenboer near one of their dealerships nor will they ever use him for training.

Doc Bailey was also bad-mouthing Xenon and GBA to one of my "secret shoppers". If the UFO is so good ... why bad mouth others? And let's not forget that static display at one of the airshshows where Bailey had the prop mounted backwards.

Bailey and Revenboer will be miserable failures. I hope UFO smartens up and gets some good reps here in the states. Maybe I'll give em an "heads up".
I have never bad mouthed the Zeon .. and my business with GBA is my buisiness .. You crossed the line TOM first you bashed John now your bad mouthing me... don't put words in my mouth ever.. I have never said anything bad about th e Xeon to anyone .. I think the UFO is better but thats just my opinion I will let the court of public opinoin judge for themselves.. For newby you sure have a big mouth .. The aircraft will be displayed at 14 different events this year including mentone , oshkosh, sun & fun Denver air show and many many others ... I never want to discuss anything with you ever .. YOur ignorence is presented in you posts and perhpas you just need to stay out of my business Mr Tom... YOu have no ideas what has happened between GBA and myself or anything else in my life... You don't even know what color my hair is.. So if you don't mind go bother someone else.... But for those who would like to know i now have two flying versions at my shop and 4 more on the way .. Also by the end of spring we will be demoing our new short roll take off kit. Thanks for all the polite inquiries we have had and i am available to answer any questions regarding the UFO at this time ...Tapes and dvd will be posted on U tube shortly of our flights. Yes the UFO is new to the US but I think as anyone will tell you at Sebring it is manufactured extremely well... With New Subaru engines not used. Thanks so much

Doc

tyc

No joke, do any of these newer models have room/space/a compartment for luggage? I ask this as that UFO or one like it may prove suitable for short range hops up and down the East Coast.

tyc