Typical Blade Replacement

Screw

Lubricating & Stimulating
Aircraft
Dominator 2 place/Cessnas & Pipers
Total Flight Time
300+
Just wondering what the typical blade replacement time is?  I'm sure various blades has differant replacement times.  I have standard aluminum Brock Blades 10 ft. each.<br><br>Thanks in Advance.

GyroRon

Former Gyro know it all
Aircraft
Vans RV4 / Dominator 582 Ultrawhite
Total Flight Time
ALOT
Re: Typical Blade Replacement

Replacement? Clarify your question a little more.<br><br>Are you asking how long it takes for the company to send out a new set of blades? If so that all depends on which company your talking about. Sportcopter may take a few months, Dragon Wings may take a few hours. All others will be somehwere in between.

Brent_Brown

Platinum Member

No need to replace them until you damage them or just want to try something new.

gyromike

Administrator
Staff member
Aircraft
Bensen B8MG

I.R.A.N.<br><br>Inspect, and<br>Replace<br>As<br>Necessary.<br><br><br>A thorough pre- and post-flight should keep you on top of any problems.<br>

ToddP

Administrator
Staff member
Aircraft
Dominator Gyro / RV9
Total Flight Time
500 Hours

John,<br><br>I'm not 100% positive but I believe Ernie says his Dragon Wings have no "useful life" or time limit on them.  I'm thinking if I had 1000 hours on a set of blades, I might start to wonder though.  In reality they'll probably never see 1000 hours. Even if I managed to fly my gyro 100 hours a year for the next 10 years, I would probably change blades 2-3 time because like most other gyro people, I can't leave well enough alone, just have to keep messing with it. :)

Screw

Lubricating & Stimulating
Aircraft
Dominator 2 place/Cessnas & Pipers
Total Flight Time
300+

That's what I was asking...I didn't know if I had to replace the blades @ 150 hours or 2000.  <br><br>Mike I agree with IRAN.<br><br>

Aussie_Paul

A reforming stirrer!!!!!
Aircraft
None at the moment.
Total Flight Time
Since 1982 Gyro 5000+ mostly instructing, and approx. 200 fixed wing in the late 1960s.

Ron, that is better than your lawn mower!!! LOL<br><br>Aussie Paul.

GyroRon

Former Gyro know it all
Aircraft
Vans RV4 / Dominator 582 Ultrawhite
Total Flight Time
ALOT

One of my mowers just turned 1000 hours and is still going strong. Should be good for another 2-4 thousand more.