Twin Parts

Windshield on and glass pocket made for it to fit into. I will make a instrument panel that is removable this way the windshield will stay on and I can get to the back of the instruments without removing the everything

Attachments

• TS windsheld.JPG
    TS windsheld.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 0
Nice.

I wish my dash was removable. It is rivited on.

Windshield make a lot of stress on the anchor points. I had one crack on the base. No matter how I heated and try to form the u shape he wants to go back to original.

The pocket for drag is a great Idea but need achor screws any way.

looking for for completion

ChuckP

It will still have bolts holding it on the insturment pod and to the sides of body. this will help hold it together.

I have 8 screws that hold on the instrument panel. It then lays over on your lap to work on. I thought they all were that way.

Can you guys tell me how tall your windscreens are and does anyone have
a windscreen for the backseat? If so would it be possible to upload some
pictures? I found sitting in the backseat of a Magni is a lot more comfortable than doing the same in the Twinstar, because of the windscreen on the back of the front seat.

Thanks in advance, Simon

Yes, most of us a a small wind screen for the backseat. Not sure how tall they are though.

Update I just sent money to Bob Foster for his FI, camed sub 2.2 and I ordered a SPG-2 gearbox form http://www.airtrikes.net/engines.shtml with the box upsidedown for gyro use helping with the VCG.

I am fitting a 14 gallon seat tank in right now it is from ULparts and will post pics later. It looks tight but it will work. A new stick will have to be made I think. This seat will move gas weight up helping with the VCG. If the Twinstarr is not CLT mine will be much better.

I'm thinking about using the Magnum IVO prop 3 blades 68" then maybe later get the inflight adjust for it.

This sounds GREAT.

I doubt I would go suby with mine (since I already have a lyc in place) but the seat-tank idea is something I would really like to consider.

YAY! It is on its way to being finished!
That will be really sweet Brent.

Brent,
If my TS doesn't sell by the end of Jan/Feb, I was actually thinking about modifying it to be a true CLT machine. Raising the body 6-8", dropping the motor a bit and adding a single tall tail right behind the prop...
Just thoughts at this point, but we'll see where it goes :)
At that point, it'll become the first hybrid-star...

Tim, you're thoughts on the modification would be appreciated; but shoot them to me...

didn't mean to hi-jack :( but since you brought up the clt thing....

I think that with the gas moved up and the engine above the CL it will good for me.

I guess a new the main gear v support chould be made and use longer legs all around this will bring the body up for you.

Jim,

Motor is already pretty low, thankfully and the rotors are pretty high.

I think raising the gas tank is a fantastic idea.

As far as the rudder/tail goes, I would look into adding an HStab that goes between the rudders/VStab through the prop wash. It would be so long that even a thin one would have a good deal of surface area.

Since the thrustline offset is only a few inches high, I doubt you will need a super huge HStab. Also, keep in mind you do have HStab area already out in clean air.

tank frame

tank frame

Here is the tank getting a frame to sit in.

Attachments

• 1seat.JPG
    1seat.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 0
  • 2seat.JPG
    2seat.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Seat.JPG
    Seat.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 0
  • seat1.JPG
    seat1.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 0
The seat mount is done. I am installing a sending unit in the tank, getting the cover for the seat too. I will be ordering the fuel pumps and lines. Just as things are moving with the gyro I get a new job that takes me away. I will be at the Navy weapons school Crane IN. 13-25 Jan. anyone is around I would like to see your gyro. Maybe go to Ohio if they do the meeting thing.

If you have the time you might also want to visit Wright Patterson AFB Museum in Dayton, OHio.

Tim when is the get together they talked about in another thread? I should have the 19 and 20th off. I was hoping to link up with Ed Newbold to see if I can get your old rotorhead from him. He is a hard man to find. Ed if your reading this let me know if we can make a deal. Post here or call my cell is 910 584 4413 , Home is 910 980 1965. Now that all of you have my info be nice.

Friday Jan 18th at 5pm (ish) I will be there plenty early to open the doors and set things up.

It is across the street from Wright Brothers Airport just south of Dayton off of I-75

Doug should be sending you an email with detailed directions and info today.

Ed is a busy guy, keep try'n!

I might be able to make it if school is out at 3 other things atre going on at this time for me so you never know. looks about 150 miles one way.