Twin Parts

Caribean_gyro

Platinum Member
Aircraft
twinstar
Total Flight Time
500+
running the electrical wires inside the stabilizer is a good idea prior to covering. I had a hard time to cut thru the foam to feed my strobes.

Chuck

turbodog

wing swinger
Aircraft
Dominator, Kolb Firestar, air command, homebuilt gyro
Total Flight Time
422+
Brent are the tall tails you make, made from foam cores with fiberglass cloth? thanks carey

scottessex

Sling-Wing Pilot
Aircraft
Dominator 582
Total Flight Time
200+
Looks good, So I guess the twinstar will be completed before you start back up on the corvair tractor? Both really cool projects!

turbodog

wing swinger
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
422+
Brent not to hijack this thread but about how much did your tall tail
weigh? Carey

Brent_Brown

Platinum Member
Sure Tim you can use them on your site.

Tall Tails that one is 72" tall 62" wide about 12 pounds. Matt said the one I sold him was like 8 pounds for a 60" prop.

Scott I got a lot to do on the Twin and the 670 gyro before I get back to the Corvair tractor. I have plans to make a light tractor that will be the test bed to make kits from it. I told you about it before. It will be set up for Rotax 503 and 582 for starters. I have an SF buddy who just set up shop to make bike frames CNC stuff. I talked to him about my plans and he offered to help with what ever he can. I will use him to make my twinstarr rotor head the Hollman hub is to wide for what I can buy. I just need to get one thing at a time done.

I hope to work out a deal on a 912S for the twin starr next week. I will be in south Florida all next week. We will see if I bring one home.

Last edited:

Brent_Brown

Platinum Member
In the last pics you can see I added 6.5" to the rudder this just happens to be the sane length as the horn that you can see inthe other pic with it on the gyro. The Vert fin is standard size just that I used ribs and not the foam.

Did I tell you I don't like working with this it is a lot of work but I guess that is why you don't see them being made anymore.

turbodog

wing swinger
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
422+

Brett who machined your 670 case for a gearbox? thanks carey