Trump - Day 24 of 4 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this talk about popular vote. I find it ironic that its mostly Democrats. The same folks that came up with the concept of a "Super Delagate". --Seems they think some peoples votes are worth more than others, especially if you are a party elite. Now they cry foul? They stir up ignorant folks with half truths.

The next time you hear someone crying about popular vote, simply remind them Bernie would have been the candidate had the Democratic party had equal representation where one person got one vote.

I have to agree;

I have to agree;

All this talk about popular vote. I find it ironic that its mostly Democrats. The same folks that came up with the concept of a "Super Delagate". --Seems they think some peoples votes are worth more than others, especially if you are a party elite. Now they cry foul? They stir up ignorant folks with half truths.

The next time you hear someone crying about popular vote, simply remind them Bernie would have been the candidate had the Democratic party had equal representation where one person got one vote.

The concept of 'Super Delegate' stinks, on the face of it.
Without that issue, Bernie Sanders might have got the nomination, but lost the popular vote.

It was interesting though, that the enthusiasm for Bernie mirrored the Republicans' enthusiasm for Trump.

It will be interesting to see what happens when the Republicans come into
conflict with Trump's plans, which they will inevitably.

TWO NEW MARCHES COMING #1 IMMAGARNT MARCH #2 WOMANS MARCH

#1- MARCH SOUTH UNTIL YOU CROSS THE SOUTHERN BORDER

#2- MARCH INTO THE KITCHEN AND GET ME MY BEER AND SAMICH !

More people who have plenty of time to bitch about nothing but no time to get to work....

Last edited:
Trump's own tweets from 2012 (at a time when he mistakenly thought that Obama had won the electoral college but Romney had won the popular vote):

This election is a total sham and a travesty. We are not a democracy!

The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy.

Our country is now in serious and unprecedented trouble...like never before.

Lets fight like hell and stop this great and disgusting injustice! The world is laughing at us.

We can't let this happen. We should march on Washington and stop this travesty. Our nation is totally divided!

He lost the popular vote by a lot and won the election.

We should have a revolution in this country!

Apparently, it's enough basis to have a revolution against the wisdom of our forefathers, unless, of course, the rules favor you this time.

When you have a country that encompasses almost 4 million square miles of territory, it would be ludicrous to even suggest that the vote of those that encompass a mere 319 square miles should dictate the outcome of a national election.

Acres don't vote. Square miles don't vote. People vote.

Isn't it even more ludicrous to suggest that people who live close together don't count as much as people who live far apart?

Trump's total voters (not square footage): 62,979,636
Clinton and third parties: 73,648,823

That's one hell of a lot of people whose will should be ignored merely because they aren't on farmersonly.com.

P.S. Electoral college votes don't go by county, but by districts.

The electoral college was set up for a reason, The U.S. is NOT a democracy, it is a representative republic.

So Trump won more districts.

This was not my quote but was quoted from The NY Times as a way to describe why we use the electoral voting system. This is the system set up many many years ago and the system most of all the other elections have used. This was the way the election rules were written long before the election. Why is it so difficult for the liberal democrats to accept it? This is not the first time a President lost the popular vote but won the Presidancy with the electoral votes.

It's not the first, but I think it's only the 5th in the history of the nation, if my memory serves, and three of those were in the 1880s or before. I don't remember it ever happening in the 20th century. It has happened twice since 2000, and both of those were Republican wins (W over Gore, Trump over Clinton).

If it had gone the other way around, Trump would be leading a revolution and screaming about the election being rigged - just look at the tweets I posted above.

The Republicans have only won the popular vote once in the last 25 years (W's reelection).

People might react differently if it didn't seem to operate only in the favor the same party each time.

Just try to imagine Hilberg saying, "Hillary won fair and square by the electoral college, so I'll just be quiet for the next four/eight years," and then you'll understand how the majority of voters feel today.

Last edited:
The electoral college was set up for a reason, The U.S. is NOT a democracy, it is a representative republic.

So Trump won more districts.

Exactly Right!! It's amazing how many people don't know this.
Even some politicians are clueless.

Whether Trump won by the popular vote or not, he is our President now. Those that do not like it will just have to bear the angst and deal with it, just like some of us have dealt with the crap that was given out in the previous administration.

I immigrated to the USA legally. I know what it is like to start life in my mid 30's with two small children and no job. I did not get a penny in any form of aid or assistance.

I know that some of my taxes are being used to support some of the illegal immigrants and their families. But I am definitely not in favor of it going for the support of those that have commited crimes, and are at large and being protected in sanctuary cities.

Trump would have won the popular vote if that was the contest, campaign stops would have been completely different, Hillary 3 million more votes but 90 million eligible didn't vote.

I was struggling with the term "fake news", as News being
"a report of a recent event; intelligence; information"

Thus implying it is true.
False Information presented as news would therefore be lies. But the president now clarified it for me.

Fake news are news (true reports), which in any way are disadvantageous for the government.
Code:
"Well, the leaks are real. You’re the one that wrote about them and reported them; 
I mean, the leaks are real. You know what they said, you saw it, 
and the leaks are absolutely real. 
The news is fake because so much of the news is fake."

It is sometimes so hard to understand the politicians.

Kai.

WE out here are still amazed and scared, bet is that this thing will fall apart before it can really cause major harm.
Good luck and God bless America, or the USA better put . . .my other country!

Faced with the presence of great reformers, the usual reaction of the masses is a mixture of enthusiasm and fear. We are now witnessing the birth of a new world, president Trump being just another sign of this great revolution of our time...

Trump would have won the popular vote if that was the contest, campaign stops would have been completely different,

Yes, and if I had really wanted to make the Olympic team, I would have trained differently, and would have a gold medal now.

Both claims are just pure wishful fantasy without any factual basis.

What's the assumption, that his opponents would change their minds if he gave a speech in their city? We all saw him on TV every night, and the debates were carried everywhere. Nobody was in doubt about who he was or what he stood for. The majority simply didn't like him, and would have voted for ANYBODY instead (that's how Hillary, who had miserable approval ratings, managed to get so many votes -- much it was not enthusiasm for her but fear of him).

Some of you love the guy, and that's fine. Many others see him as a dangerous, bigoted, unqualified blowhard. People in that second category wouldn't have switched their votes just because he passed through town on a campaign stop.

The press painted Trump as the - "bigoted, unqualified blowhard", add race baiting destructive criminal and those with eyes could see you have Hillary to a T.

Trump was saying what America needed to hear and he's doing what he promised to do.

That in itself shows America was tired of the established promise "Hope and Change" liars and the rest of the brain dead in office.

Hillary still has to answer to the FBI and DOJ.

Any discussion on popular vote must really take into account the number of folks who didn't bother to vote because their state was certainly heading for one party. California, New York, and Texas certainly fit in this category. To me it is entirely unclear who would have won an election based on popular vote. It's much debating what would have happened if there was a do-over option on the ballot that would have excluded either candidate from running again.

Anyway in the grand scheme, it doesn't matter. Trump won. The do-over can happen in a little under 4 years. In the mean time I am sure Trump will break lots of things, but also fix a lot of things that Obama broke. --An example being illegal immigration. Badly broken under Obama. I hope Trump sends them all back to where ever they came from, except for the ones who have already been deported once. --They can visit a work camp for a few years first. I'm not anti-immigrant. I have no issues with legal immigrants in this country. I am anti-illegal immigrant and pissed that the news media wants to confuse the issue.

Last edited:
I am like many others, I want change.

I am sick of seeing politicians getting filthy rich when our economy is struggling.
I am sick of being told that the money I paid for years on SS might not be there when I retire, yet the politicians that spent it have a very lucrative retire plan.
I am very upset that the government forced the "Affordable Care Act" on us that is not affordable and it has made the private insurance that I pay for double in premiums and double in the max out of pocket expense, yet the polititians that made us accept it do not use the same insurance.
I do not understand how an illegal (key word, illegal) immigrant can commit a crime, be prosecuted, then let right back into our community instead of being sent back to the country that he is a legal citizen of.
I do not believe the criminals should be protected against law enforcement, they were hired to protect us.
I do not understand how it has become OK to burn the American flag on American soil.
I can go on and on but it would probably only get me banned from here.

In my eyes, the government is out of control and remaining with the same players that put us in this mess isn't going to fix anything. Will Trump be able to do it? I certainly don't know, but I do know that nobody can do it if they can't get any support.

Status
Not open for further replies.