Trojan 240Hp Gyroplane

Ok some pics of the rotor as requested …

Attachments

• EFCBE84A-E7C9-49E6-AE4F-1202F9E35492.jpeg
    EFCBE84A-E7C9-49E6-AE4F-1202F9E35492.jpeg
    242.6 KB · Views: 46
  • 963D3AB7-F484-4400-9A49-3EE8083F29A3.jpeg
    963D3AB7-F484-4400-9A49-3EE8083F29A3.jpeg
    262.8 KB · Views: 47
  • B3596C36-C9CE-46AA-B18A-CCCDDFF43422.jpeg
    B3596C36-C9CE-46AA-B18A-CCCDDFF43422.jpeg
    245.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 6C8DF1B4-BF3D-4303-B6BA-42EDE8051F04.jpeg
    6C8DF1B4-BF3D-4303-B6BA-42EDE8051F04.jpeg
    251.8 KB · Views: 46
  • 94F654E2-6D86-486C-968C-D8F0409B75B1.jpeg
    94F654E2-6D86-486C-968C-D8F0409B75B1.jpeg
    281.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 517750E7-3E31-42D0-A0DC-828F5F996003.jpeg
    517750E7-3E31-42D0-A0DC-828F5F996003.jpeg
    242.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 9E60BED4-E239-4E88-B31D-EBC9DE9170F4.jpeg
    9E60BED4-E239-4E88-B31D-EBC9DE9170F4.jpeg
    222.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 9CCFD4B5-84AA-479E-88C3-81408D1593C1.jpeg
    9CCFD4B5-84AA-479E-88C3-81408D1593C1.jpeg
    146.1 KB · Views: 41
  • EE943D8D-3304-45AC-98CF-E22BDF0FE014.jpeg
    EE943D8D-3304-45AC-98CF-E22BDF0FE014.jpeg
    246.1 KB · Views: 41
  • B948A6DC-6708-43AA-84B1-F950EAF7F3AB.jpeg
    B948A6DC-6708-43AA-84B1-F950EAF7F3AB.jpeg
    284.3 KB · Views: 45
Just a few sets of 36ft blades hanging about, self extruded, our chief materials engineer explained some very interesting things about these blades versus composite blades
we also have on site testing to destruction of these along with all the other parts …in fact as far as I know we have the only calibrated 40ton test beam used on blade and grip and other components …as a gyro OEM) as we know some gyro manufacturers don’t have in depth scientific testing facilities Wagatail has some intense testing equipment ..to be expected when supplying military gyros that weigh in at over 1.5 ton 😁

Attachments

• 8EC76A8D-0248-45C0-BA61-7AAD6470EC93.jpeg
    8EC76A8D-0248-45C0-BA61-7AAD6470EC93.jpeg
    261.3 KB · Views: 39
Just a few sets of 36ft blades hanging about, self extruded, our chief materials engineer explained some very interesting things about these blades versus composite blades
we also have on site testing to destruction of these along with all the other parts …in fact as far as I know we have the only calibrated 40ton test beam used on blade and grip and other components …as a gyro OEM) as we know some gyro manufacturers don’t have in depth scientific testing facilities Wagatail has some intense testing equipment ..to be expected when supplying military gyros that weigh in at over 1.5 ton 😁
Seems strange to store them like that... I see at least a couple that look like the trailing edge is in danger of bending.
smiles,
Charles

Greg,

What's the RPM the prerotator spins up the rotor to?

Wayne
On the recreational machines we can spin it to 300 if needed on the big stuff upwards of 500 Rrpm where we alter the pitch from 0.9 to + 4 for an almost jump take off with prop pitch and thrust to enable a zero roll take off and droop compensated for as it goes to +2 as seen in normal gyros
Here is a pic with me holding the head fork that holds the two 150hp units that drive it …sorry I can’t divulge too much on our mill spec stuff …the othe pr pic is the head with three pre rotator motors and the small one is the rotor brake 😁 this is the gyro that can detect a telephone wire at 200m and correct itself while delivering 800kg payload .
Noble Aerospace Systems / Wagtail build some serious gyros …not for domestic application 😜😉

Attachments

• 81778AD2-3B4B-4142-B269-C6CD21FDB08E.jpeg
    81778AD2-3B4B-4142-B269-C6CD21FDB08E.jpeg
    250.1 KB · Views: 47
  • 345B73DB-C15E-4C02-A021-4FEB43DB5684.jpeg
    345B73DB-C15E-4C02-A021-4FEB43DB5684.jpeg
    238.9 KB · Views: 47
Greg, the 'big stuff' is military, or can you provide more detail on the jump take-off capability?
Thanks for the rotorhead pictures.

Greg, the 'big stuff' is military, or can you provide more detail on the jump take-off capability?
Thanks for the rotorhead pictures.
Yes the big stuff is a bit confidential being developed for a client based in the USA ( the clients home country is in fact Isreal)
In simplistic terms the rotor is driven by two hydraulic motors as seen, during spool up the blade has an almost zero angle of incidence ( let’s not get confused with angle of attack) as the rotor reaches a predetermined Rrpm the blades go to +4 at this stage the pre rotation is reduced, the droop in Rrpm due to the drag and the now stored kinetic energy allows this machine to have an almost zero fwd take off roll, yaw and pitch are computer controlled as is the prop pitch. Equipped with 340 Hp 5 blades the prop puts this lady in the air fast.
The transition from standing on the ground to lift off is in fact very smooth, the long rotor 36ft despite being light compared to composite blades transfers its energy well. Gyro lifts off ..huge thrust from the bespoke Prop that too is computer controlled pushes it off and upwards she goes …
Not Science fiction …but some serious science …
Last teaser on the mill stuff …I would hate that arrogant German from AG Germany who claims AG make the finest gyros in the world to get all sweaty …
This boys is a variable in flight propeller hub ….I’m 1.74 ….when the prop is 3 inches from the ground the hub is at my eye level …it’s a1.5 Ton Gyro developed with purpose and it’s R&D filters down into our other aircraft ….we get the military endless budget for R@D that smaller manufacturers don’t have and we use that in developing our commercial and recreational gyros, as the one mechanical engineer who eventually warmed to me on my recent visit to the facility said ‘ quote - here we get paid to build things and break them 😁 while we record data.

Attachments

• 6F0EDD74-AB28-4850-AD5A-8F3FEE263F49.jpeg
    6F0EDD74-AB28-4850-AD5A-8F3FEE263F49.jpeg
    211.7 KB · Views: 31
Sì, le cose importanti sono un po' confidenziali in fase di sviluppo per un cliente con sede negli Stati Uniti (il paese di origine del cliente è infatti Isreal)
In termini semplicistici il rotore è azionato da due motori idraulici come visto, durante l'avvolgimento la lama ha un angolo di incidenza quasi nullo (non confondiamolo con l'angolo di attacco) quando il rotore raggiunge un numero di giri prefissato le pale vanno a +4 a in questa fase la pre-rotazione è ridotta, l'abbassamento del numero di giri dovuto alla resistenza e l'energia cinetica ora immagazzinata consente a questa macchina di avere un rollio di decollo in avanti quasi nullo, imbardata e beccheggio sono controllati dal computer così come il beccheggio dell'elica. Dotato di 340 Hp 5 pale l'elica mette questa signora in aria veloce.
Il passaggio dallo stare a terra al decollo è infatti molto fluido, il rotore lungo 36ft nonostante sia leggero rispetto alle pale composite trasferisce bene la sua energia. Il giroscopio si solleva... un'enorme spinta dall'elica su misura, anch'essa controllata dal computer, la spinge via e va verso l'alto...
Non fantascienza... ma scienza seria...
Ultimo teaser sulla roba del mulino ... Oderei quell'arrogante tedesco di AG Germany che afferma che AG produce i migliori giroscopi del mondo per sudare tutto ...
Questo ragazzo è un mozzo dell'elica di volo variabile....sono 1,74....quando l'elica è a 3 pollici da terra, il mozzo è all'altezza dei miei occhi...è un giroscopio da 1,5 tonnellate sviluppato con uno scopo ei suoi filtri di ricerca e sviluppo nel nostro altri velivoli ... otteniamo il budget militare infinito per la ricerca e lo sviluppo che i produttori più piccoli non hanno e lo usiamo per sviluppare i nostri giroscopi commerciali e ricreativi, come l'ingegnere meccanico che alla fine si è avvicinato a me durante la mia recente visita alla struttura ha detto 'citazione - qui veniamo pagati per costruire cose e romperle 😁 mentre registriamo i dati.
CHI
Sì, le cose importanti sono un po' confidenziali in fase di sviluppo per un cliente con sede negli Stati Uniti (il paese di origine del cliente è infatti Isreal)
In termini semplicistici il rotore è azionato da due motori idraulici come visto, durante l'avvolgimento la lama ha un angolo di incidenza quasi nullo (non confondiamolo con l'angolo di attacco) quando il rotore raggiunge un numero di giri prefissato le pale vanno a +4 a in questa fase la pre-rotazione è ridotta, l'abbassamento del numero di giri dovuto alla resistenza e l'energia cinetica ora immagazzinata consente a questa macchina di avere un rollio di decollo in avanti quasi nullo, imbardata e beccheggio sono controllati dal computer così come il beccheggio dell'elica. Dotato di 340 Hp 5 pale l'elica mette questa signora in aria veloce.
Il passaggio dallo stare a terra al decollo è infatti molto fluido, il rotore lungo 36ft nonostante sia leggero rispetto alle pale composite trasferisce bene la sua energia. Il giroscopio si solleva... un'enorme spinta dall'elica su misura, anch'essa controllata dal computer, la spinge via e va verso l'alto...
Non fantascienza...ma scienza seria...
Ultimo teaser sulla roba del mulino ... Odierei quell'arrogante tedesco di AG Germany che afferma che AG produce i migliori giroscopi del mondo per sudare tutto ...
Questo ragazzo è un mozzo dell'elica di volo variabile....sono 1,74....quando l'elica è a 3 pollici da terra, il mozzo è all'altezza dei miei occhi...è un giroscopio da 1,5 tonnellate sviluppato con uno scopo e i suoi filtri di ricerca e sviluppo nel nostro altri velivoli ... otteniamo il budget militare infinito per la ricerca e lo sviluppo che i produttori più piccoli non hanno e lo usiamo per sviluppare i nostri giroscopi commerciali e ricreativi, come l'ingegnere meccanico che alla fine si è avvicinato a me durante la mia recente visita alla struttura ha detto 'citazione - qui veniamo pagati per costruire cose e romperle 😁 mentre registriamo i dati.
CHi Greg one question how do you get these prop hubs! I know them too but I can't get them to Europe!!!

Yes the big stuff is a bit confidential being developed for a client based in the USA ( the clients home country is in fact Isreal)
In simplistic terms the rotor is driven by two hydraulic motors as seen, during spool up the blade has an almost zero angle of incidence ( let’s not get confused with angle of attack) as the rotor reaches a predetermined Rrpm the blades go to +4 at this stage the pre rotation is reduced, the droop in Rrpm due to the drag and the now stored kinetic energy allows this machine to have an almost zero fwd take off roll, yaw and pitch are computer controlled as is the prop pitch. Equipped with 340 Hp 5 blades the prop puts this lady in the air fast.
The transition from standing on the ground to lift off is in fact very smooth, the long rotor 36ft despite being light compared to composite blades transfers its energy well. Gyro lifts off ..huge thrust from the bespoke Prop that too is computer controlled pushes it off and upwards she goes …
Not Science fiction …but some serious science …
Last teaser on the mill stuff …I would hate that arrogant German from AG Germany who claims AG make the finest gyros in the world to get all sweaty …
This boys is a variable in flight propeller hub ….I’m 1.74 ….when the prop is 3 inches from the ground the hub is at my eye level …it’s a1.5 Ton Gyro developed with purpose and it’s R&D filters down into our other aircraft ….we get the military endless budget for R@D that smaller manufacturers don’t have and we use that in developing our commercial and recreational gyros, as the one mechanical engineer who eventually warmed to me on my recent visit to the facility said ‘ quote - here we get paid to build things and break them 😁 while we record data.
Wow again.
Can't wait until you can tell us more.

wolfy

All very impressive! How many Wagtail aircraft are now in service worldwide and which countries? What's a new kit cost? You shoulddefinitely get one to Oshkosh- I think it will cause quite a stir.

Last edited:
CHI

CHi Greg one question how do you get these prop hubs! I know them too but I can't get them to Europe!!!
It’s easy …you send me your details I invoice you and we get DHL drop it off 🤣🤣🤣 only kidding if you know this component you know more then most, 🤜

È facile ... tu mi mandi i tuoi dettagli ti fatturo e noi lo facciamo consegnare da DHL 🤣🤣🤣 sto solo scherzando se conosci questo componente ne sai più della maggior parte, 🤜
COf course I know him! I wanted to understand if now you can have this hub! And if so how do you do? Because getting it to Italy is impossible!!!!!

QThis is my new model on here i would like to try this hub

Attachments

• IMG_20230324_123303.jpg
    IMG_20230324_123303.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20230319_211749.jpg
    IMG_20230319_211749.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20230324_125337.jpg
    IMG_20230324_125337.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 16
COf course I know him! I wanted to understand if now you can have this hub! And if so how do you do? Because getting it to Italy is impossible!!!!!
Why ? Is it impossible?

PBecause now nothing goes out to Europe!! I've been trying to get this hub for a year already! But there's no way!!
Why do you have an extra letter in front of all your posts?
smiles,
Charles

PBecause now nothing goes out to Europe!! I've been trying to get this hub for a year already! But there's no way!!
Can I send you an invoice ….🤣 then ship it …what will you turn with it? I’m just curious cos a rotax will not be the right prime mover …
only kidding we don’t ship these hubs out …that said if you really one we could discuss it 🤜

Posso inviarti una fattura ….🤣 poi spedirla … cosa restituirai con essa? Sono solo curioso perché un rotax non sarà il motore primo giusto...
solo scherzando, non spediamo questi hub... detto questo, se davvero uno potremmo discuterne 🤜
GGreg send me your email so I can write you privately, because if you can get these hubs now! I'm interested. Okay?