Training with Gyro Revolution in Long Island, NY

I was planning to fly to the Bloomsburg fair this past summer, but...

Hello gentlemen I saw this on here and thought I would add my 2 cents for what it's worth. I had the opportunity to fly into McAurther with Rob Lutz some time ago in my Autogyro Cavalon 914RB if you look on their website I think you will still find a photo of my aircraft. Rob and Kristen are great people and were setting up their operation and had their certified version ordered at the time but needed a ship for a photo shoot with FOX NEWS so Autogyro suggested they contact me and see if I would bring my aircraft there for the interview. Rob has been flying for quite some time and seems to have the right personality to be a good instructor and I think you will like flying with him. I built my Cavalon the end of 2016 and put 600 hours on it in the first two years so I don't need much of a reason to fly just a little time and will take the opportunity to fly with some of these guys whenever I can. I was also fortunate enough to get the chance to fly with Chris Lord in the Xennon and in 339SC the silver sportcopter II out in Iowa and that was what got me into flying gyros. More recently I was lucky enough to have met up with James Ketchell when he stopped in at the American Helicopter Museum in West Chester Pa. on his around the world tour, very nice guy and we got to take off from there and fly together for a while on the next leg of his flight. I am based at N13 Bloomsburg, Pa. so if any of you guys get in the area don't hesitate to stop in and say hello I will buy you lunch and we can swap flying stories. Fly often and be safe.
Good morning, Ron.

Thank you for the 2 cents... certainly worth more. However it's a penny for your thoughts so I'm losing a cent somewhere. Whatever. Great story too. My initial conversation with Rob about training went very well. I like that he is so safety-conscious, which is of paramount importance. This is not the sport to half-ass things and take shortcuts. So my confidence level in his training went up considerably if he decides to accept me as a student.

Bloomsburg is only a couple hours from me. Would be nice to meet you. Tyler (Tyger on the forum) is also in the region occasionally. Great guy. Now that we're getting through this pandemic (I'm vaccinated) perhaps a get-together would be nice.

Brian

The airport there is walking distance to the fairgounds, and the town. Gotta love airports where you can just walk into town!
Or rather, gotta love towns that don't mind an airport right close by.

I was planning to fly to the Bloomsburg fair this past summer, but...
Sorry sir have not been on here for a while,,,,,,,,by all means get in touch with me your welcome to visit anytime. I am now at about 938 hours on the Cavalon and had two guys based in NJ I use to fly with but one moved to Florida and the other to Maine so no quick trip for lunch with them anymore. If you want to call sometime cell is 5703367051 try to text a message first,,,,,so many telemaketing calls,,,,

Good morning, Ron.

Thank you for the 2 cents... certainly worth more. However it's a penny for your thoughts so I'm losing a cent somewhere. Whatever. Great story too. My initial conversation with Rob about training went very well. I like that he is so safety-conscious, which is of paramount importance. This is not the sport to half-ass things and take shortcuts. So my confidence level in his training went up considerably if he decides to accept me as a student.

Bloomsburg is only a couple hours from me. Would be nice to meet you. Tyler (Tyger on the forum) is also in the region occasionally. Great guy. Now that we're getting through this pandemic (I'm vaccinated) perhaps a get-together would be nice.

Brian
I just talked with Rob recently and I think he sold the certified Cavalon. I would have liked to have it but too many things in the works right now. feel free to give me a call or stop in if your in the area Ron 5703367051

You beat me to the reply!
Looks like your near Sussex airport if you have time to meet I could skip over there someday I use to fly to Blairstown sometime twice a week for lunch with Ole until he moved to Maine. Give me a call or text 5703367051

Looks like your near Sussex airport if you have time to meet I could skip over there someday I use to fly to Blairstown sometime twice a week for lunch with Ole until he moved to Maine. Give me a call or text 5703367051
Absolutely will do. Would enjoy meeting you. Perhaps you, myself and Tyler could meet for lunch there, or somewhere that works best for everybody. Will text first. I have a 470 area code. Cheers.

Brian

I just restumbled onto this thread today, and only now realized that I met Ron, completely by accident, in early August, when I diverted to Bloomsburg (on an intended trip to the Finger Lakes) because of weather. Ron was really great, helping me get some E0 fuel and some dinner, and letting me put my gyro in his hangar overnight, with storms approaching.
I was intending to go back for the famous fair in September, but life intervened, and then bad weather stopped me from going to the nearby Benton, PA fly-in a few weeks later. Next year for sure!
The attached image is of a banner that EAA HQ sent the local chapter. If you look closely, you can see someone out in Oshkosh was thinking of Bloomberg (the financial news company (or its founder, former NYC mayor Mike)) instead of Bloomsburg! 🙃

Attachments

• Bloomsburg banner.jpg
    Bloomsburg banner.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 3