Tractor gyro on EBay

I saw that listing. What jumped out at me was the cyclic does not move the rotor for and aft, but rather, it controls the elevators on the tail. Doesn't seem right to me but I don't have the experience of some of the other folks around here.

My opinion, can of worms.

I saw that listing. What jumped out at me was the cyclic does not move the rotor for and aft, but rather, it controls the elevators on the tail. Doesn't seem right to me but I don't have the experience of some of the other folks around here.

My opinion, can of worms.

Isn't the LittleWing controlled by a similar elevator setup to a FW? Or am I thinking of another aircraft?

Have to excuse my lack of experience. I tried to find a picture of a Little Wing that was similar but all the ones I found were conventional. I keep learning.

Since it controls the left to right, it wouldn't take much to change it so it would also control fore and aft.

Early classic era autogiros (1920s-30s) sometimes had elevators for pitch control (and could have ailerons for roll as well). It can be less than ideal at very low airspeed (as in landing) when airflow is low and authority is reduced.

I'm familiar with the older style of pitch control with elevators; early gyros had a similar system. As mentioned above, pitch authority was less than optimal at low speeds, so a little extra speed in the flare was needed. I spoke to the builder of this aircraft, and he has built and flown a number of gyros and fixed-wing aircraft over the last 30 years or so. To me the control system isn't a deal-breaker, but one issue I think would be the engine, which might not be adequate for a 2-place and would probably have to be changed out for an O-320. Could still be a good deal for the price.

It's not uncommon for float equipped gyros to need an elevator if the floats are draggy like fulloats floats, mine have been operated with a lever next to the throttle or by the cyclic when an interlock is activated.
Norm

What percentage of todays airworthy gyrocopters are tractor gyrocopters?

What percentage of todays airworthy gyrocopters are regularly flown with floats?

My machines are a modified dominator , and some of my own design, all pushers but I have a tractor that I am working on that I haven't touched in weeks as I am working on an ultralight gyro that I want to leave in Florida.
Norm.

Norm can you post any photos, be nice to see them - thanks